Contribute
Register

"Boot macOS Installer" not showing in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, I'm having this exact same issue, however even with the usb update method, the Boot macOS install option didnt appear, and my OS started up as if nothing happened. someone there got a hint of what to do next?

I have updated clover, and applied the APFS.efi file to the correct folder
I got it to work. I found a link that suggested that removing the Sierra system disk from "Core Storage" would make the "Install MacOS" show up. This worked, I'm running High Sierra on a SSD with APFS.

diskutil cs list
If the drive says it's revertable...
sudo diskutil cs revert <Disk UUID>.

Here's the link: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO109622.html

I got it to work. I found a link that suggested that removing the Sierra system disk from "Core Storage" would make the "Install MacOS" show up. This worked, I'm running High Sierra on a SSD with APFS.

diskutil cs list
If the drive says it's revertable...
sudo diskutil cs revert <Disk UUID>.

Here's the link: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO109622.html
HA That did it! I knew the problem had something to do with that “virtual drive”

Now I have have to wait, and see the damage it does to my poor laptop hahaha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 286
I have the same problem, but I have nothing in diskutil cs list

;No CoreStorage logical volume groups found'.

Frustrating. My high sierra install USB boots up fine, but then it can't see itself in the list. Every other one of my drives shows up, but not the USB key itself!

I have the same problem, but I have nothing in diskutil cs list

;No CoreStorage logical volume groups found'.

Frustrating. My high sierra install USB boots up fine, but then it can't see itself in the list. Every other one of my drives shows up, but not the USB key itself!

i'm having the same problem as you, and I already tried to update apfs.efi, but no results, whats going on with us?

i'm having the same problem as you, and I already tried to update apfs.efi, but no results, whats going on with us?
Forget about it, just re-downloaded from App Store, and installed using APFS, everything it is working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back