Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte G1.Sniper
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
RX 480
Hi, I have successfully upgraded my 10.12.6 system to HS (HS SSD converted to APFS). Initially I had all the preboot volumes visible in Clover but I hid them in Config.plist. But no matter what I do Boot Mac OS Installer does not get removed from the Clover boot menu, rather Clover defaults to that selection when it boots up and the installer starts after 3 seconds but of course it cannot proceed since the Installer has been automatically deleted from my Applications folder. Also I have not been able to install the supplemental update, I download it the computer restarts with Installing Software Update - about a minute remaining then opens up without the Completing Installation or anything of that sort. About this Mac shows the old build number.
Any suggestions?

Hi, I have successfully upgraded my 10.12.6 system to HS (HS SSD converted to APFS). Initially I had all the preboot volumes visible in Clover but I hid them in Config.plist. But no matter what I do Boot Mac OS Installer does not get removed from the Clover boot menu, rather Clover defaults to that selection when it boots up and the installer starts after 3 seconds but of course it cannot proceed since the Installer has been automatically deleted from my Applications folder. Also I have not been able to install the supplemental update, I download it the computer restarts with Installing Software Update - about a minute remaining then opens up without the Completing Installation or anything of that sort. About this Mac shows the old build number.
Any suggestions?

Sometimes the remnants of the macOS Installer is left behind in the root of macOS High Sierra System disk to cause this eye sore of a an Installer icon on Boot menu!

To get rid of it, you can do the following:

• Boot to macOS High Sierra Desktop.
  • Click Finder>Preferences and click and place all 4 boxes [ or at least the top two [] ] to get disk icons toward Right side of Desktop.
  • From desktop Dbl click High Sierra Hard Disk icon and from root of the disk delete the file macOS Install Data
  • Reboot and check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back