Boot macOS from Hard disk that Windows installed on - Legacy Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 17R SE
CPU
i7-4700
Hello all,
I have been able to create a bootable USB of (Legacy clover + macOS Mohave) as an installation USB to use on a computer that does not support UEFI.
So I could load the legacy Clover and could install the macOS on a partition on my hard disk.
I can get into the macOS by using the bootable USB and help of clover.
I also can go to Windows if I do not use USB boot.

However, I need to use clover on my hard disk to list both windows and macos in legacy clover.
Can you guys please advise if it can be done? please provide steps...

P.S: Windows uses MBR and BIOS does not have UEFI feature!

Many thanks

Moved to Multi Booting.

The "sticky" guides in this forum may help you.

Hello all,
I have been able to create a bootable USB of (Legacy clover + macOS Mohave) as an installation USB to use on a computer that does not support UEFI.
So I could load the legacy Clover and could install the macOS on a partition on my hard disk.
I can get into the macOS by using the bootable USB and help of clover.
I also can go to Windows if I do not use USB boot.

However, I need to use clover on my hard disk to list both windows and macos in legacy clover.
Can you guys please advise if it can be done? please provide steps...

P.S: Windows uses MBR and BIOS does not have UEFI feature!

Many thanks
Make sure Windows is installed Legacy mode. One way to tell - open the Windows disk management utility and look at drive structure - what partitions do you see?
Which OS was installed on first part of drive?

Everyone,
Please just tell me how can I get to Clover when I boot my PC from Hard Disk if I only can use legacy BIOS (UEFI feature) and Windows installed on MBR !

Thanks a bunch

Everyone,
Please just tell me how can I get to Clover when I boot my PC from Hard Disk if I only can use legacy BIOS (UEFI feature) and Windows installed on MBR !

Thanks a bunch
What hardware? if the Dell in your profile, make sure CSM in enabled in UEFI/BIOS

Make sure Windows is installed Legacy mode. One way to tell - open the Windows disk management utility and look at drive structure - what partitions do you see?
Which OS was installed on first part of drive?
Thanks for helping me,

- Windows installed on MBR and NTFS partition.
- macOS Mojave installed on a Apple partition in same disk.(I used my non UEFI bootable Mojave installation USB to do that)
- I can go to macOS installed on hard disk if I use Clover from USB bootable
- I can go to Windows from normal boot if my bootable USB is removed (MBR has fixed back to original because I tried to patching mbr with boot0s through Glover Installation and also through Ubuntu, but both show some funny charachter at boot time and stuck)

Thanks

What icons are shown on the Clover boot screen when you boot with the USB? Post a series of screen shots with each icon hi-lited.

What icons are shown on the Clover boot screen when you boot with the USB? Post a series of screen shots with each icon hi-lited.

I see:
1- Boot macOS Install from macOS Mojave USB (Thats actually installer)
2- Boot macOS from macOS Mojave ("macOS Mojave" is the name of my macOS partition installed on my hard disk)

Last edited:
heyyyy,
I could manage to create a FAT32 partition on my hard disk, maked it "Active" and copied the content of my "legacy bootable macOS USB Installer" to it, and now I can boot to clover when I reboot machine withour USB attached.

I only cannot see the Windows in the list of items!
Do I need to do something to be able to see that in my clover?

(I am going to try adding Microsoft folder into the EFI folder and see if that works....)

heyyyy,
I could manage to create a FAT32 partition on my hard disk, maked it "Active" and copied the content of my "legacy bootable macOS USB Installer" to it, and now I can boot to clover when I reboot machine withour USB attached.

I only cannot see the Windows in the list of items!
Do I need to do something to be able to see that in my clover?

(I am going to try adding Microsoft folder into the EFI folder and see if that works....)
Ok,
I had a back up of EFI folder of windows when I used "bcdboot" command to create the windows EFI folder.
By adding that to clover, I can see the item showing boot from EFI for windows.
However, that didn't work because windows partition needs to be active and now my clover FAT32 partition is active otherwise I cannot boot to clover!

If I figure out how can I boot Windows from Clover if Windows partition is not set as "Active", then I can say all are working fine!
Any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back