Contribute
Register

Boot macOS 10.15.6 on HP Spectre with OpenCore (converting from Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the EFI working with clover 5126. I renamed the folder CLOVER.OC2 so that I could start big sur with F9 and select the EFI file from boot option. The default CLOVER has 5126 with VoodooI2C kexts with everything else as same.

Attachments

• CLOVER.OC2.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 165
Here is the EFI working with clover 5126. I renamed the folder CLOVER.OC2 so that I could start big sur with F9 and select the EFI file from boot option. The default CLOVER has 5126 with VoodooI2C kexts with everything else as same.
Hello, did you try big sur with opencore ?

Hello! after investigating as much as I could, I've found that this is a bug which affects certain HP laptops... The workaround until know was to use the PreLoader.efi one could obtain from linux, but this workaround doesn0t work for OpenCore... any ideas? I've done some research but haven't been able to find anything! Maybe the answer is that it's impossible to get some HP running macOS boot loading directly from the internal drive?
Hello, I have same issue. I need to plug usb to boot with oc everytime. Did you find any solution ?

As of now OC is not working with hp spectre because of BIOS bug.
Clover 5126+ uses OC code within it. I have clover 5126 working with Catalina as well as Big Sur. I am still using Catalina because WEG 4K screen patch is broken with Big Sur. one can only get 4K screen at 48hz with BigSur.

As of now OC is not working with hp spectre because of BIOS bug.
Clover 5126+ uses OC code within it. I have clover 5126 working with Catalina as well as Big Sur. I am still using Catalina because WEG 4K screen patch is broken with Big Sur. one can only get 4K screen at 48hz with BigSur.
Hi johnyg07,

I have a similar HP Spectre x360 laptop running 10.15.3 on Clover. I have been trying to update to Big Sur for the past couple of days, however I have been unsuccessful reaching the installer. I was wondering if you could describe the process of updating to Big Sur. My machine reboots correctly, gets to a gray screen, and then displays a loading Apple logo for a bit until it reboots again. I am pretty sure the multiple reboots are normal, however after that reboot I boot into verbose mode (still selecting “install MacOS boot option) and my machine stays on a black screen. I am not sure if this is how the update is supposed to go and I should just wait or something went wrong. I have heard that updating to Big Sur takes hours on some laptops so I was wondering how many times your laptop rebooted and if it hung at any black screens at any point while it was doing things in the background. In addition, how long did the whole iodate process take?

what version of clover are you on? and version of WEG?

what version of clover are you on? and version of WEG?
I’m using Clover 5127 and WEG 1.4.5. Sorry for the late update, I was actually able to install Big Sur and update. However, I can only enter the system now through the Preboot volume and it only boots in safe mode. Did you ever experience this issue?

I think BigSur has to be booted from Preboot only. For safe mode, I installed fresh BigSur and I am not facing issue with safe mode. Not sure what would cause the safe mode.

I think BigSur has to be booted from Preboot only. For safe mode, I installed fresh BigSur and I am not facing issue with safe mode. Not sure what would cause the safe mode.
Hi again, I am actually now able to boot into Big Sur and everything works perfectly except for Bluetooth and WiFi (Strangely, iMessage works for some reason.) What WiFi card are you using in your Big Sur x360 hack?

Hi again, I am actually now able to boot into Big Sur and everything works perfectly except for Bluetooth and WiFi (Strangely, iMessage works for some reason.) What WiFi card are you using in your Big Sur x360 hack?

I believe I have dell 1830 that I installed years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back