Contribute
Register

Boot macOS 10.15.6 on HP Spectre with OpenCore (converting from Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, it was an issue which was Graphic Related. I hadn't removed the -disablegfxfirmware boot argument and the AAPL,ig-platform-id was incorrect (I had 00005916 instead of 59160000).
Now I've been able to boot MacOS using OpenCore!!!
But... Facing the following issue:

1. The graphics acceleration seems to be turned off
2. The laptop screen is detected as an external monitor instead of as a built-in, which as a result doesn't allow me to customise the screen's brightness despite that I have the SSDT-PNLF.aml loaded.
3. It's super slow to load and start macOS, way more slower than Clover, but I though that it was supposed to be the opposite? I have to "adapt/customize" the SSDT's, but still, seems strange.

Here's my latest EFI folder.
should be:
00001B59

should be:
00001B59
Genius!!! Now everything is working as it should! Could you explain me why it should be 00001B59? In the Framebuffer patch guide I read it had to be 5916000 :clap:
And what about the boot time? Is it because it's booting from an external USB? It takes about 2 minutes since I select the Hackintosh entry from OpenCore to the LogIn screen, whereas in Clover it takes about 15-30 seconds?

Last edited:
Genius!!! Now everything is working as it should! Could you explain me why it should be 0001B59? In the Framebuffer patch guide I read it had to be 5916000 :clap:
And what about the boot time? Is it because it's booting from an external USB? It takes about 2 minutes since I select the Hackintosh entry from OpenCore to the LogIn screen, whereas in Clover it takes about 15-30 seconds?
it needs be 0001B59 as that is correct

5916000 is wrong so it won't work, also the numbers are supposed to be reversed

if you are booting from a usb hard drive, then that is why it is slooooow

it needs be 0001B59 as that is correct

5916000 is wrong so it won't work, also the numbers are supposed to be reversed

if you are booting from a usb hard drive, then that is why it is slooooow
Okay, thank you! Guess I understood that part of the awesome guide wrong.
About the other question, I’m not booting from a USB Hard Drive, I’m booting with an external USBwhere there’s the EFI folder, the internal NVME partition that contains macOS, and this is resulting to be VERY slow in comparisson to Clover. Any suggestion?

Okay, thank you! Guess I understood that part of the awesome guide wrong.
About the other question, I’m not booting from a USB Hard Drive, I’m booting with an external USBwhere there’s the EFI folder, the internal NVME partition that contains macOS, and this is resulting to be VERY slow in comparisson to Clover. Any suggestion?
assume you are booting in verbose mode, whereabouts does it take longest?

assume you are booting in verbose mode, whereabouts does it take longest?
Sorry but not sure I understood your question... but if you are asking me if I’m still booting in verbose mode or with any debugger boot argument, the answer is no... I’m boiting as I would normally do, being my only boot argument darkwake=0 :(
If I didn’t answer your question, could you ask it again with a little more explanation? Thank you VERY MUCH!

Sorry but not sure I understood your question... but if you are asking me if I’m still booting in verbose mode or with any debugger boot argument, the answer is no... I’m boiting as I would normally do, being my only boot argument darkwake=0 :(
If I didn’t answer your question, could you ask it again with a little more explanation? Thank you VERY MUCH!
ahh ok,

in your boot arguments where you have darkwake=0, add -v so it looks like:

darkwake=0 -v

this will give you a text view of your bootup and may indicate where it is slow

ahh ok,

in your boot arguments where you have darkwake=0, add -v so it looks like:

darkwake=0 -v

this will give you a text view of your bootup and may indicate where it is slow
Okay, will do now! I removed the -v argument since it was already booting, and I therefore thought that everything was working as expected. What should I look for in the text during the boot up process?

Okay, will do now! I removed the -v argument since it was already booting, and I therefore thought that everything was working as expected. What should I look for in the text during the boot up process?
where it slows down....

where it slows down....
Hi Feartech, I've identified the following 2 "issues" // points where it slows down:
1. Just after selecting to boot the macOS partition, it freezes there on a black screen for about 20 seconds before reaching the "preboot" I believe (Before this text starts to appear on screen)
IMG_3694.jpg

2. Then it appears to boot normally, with no much hassle, until it freezes for about 10-15 seconds here:
IMG_3695.jpg

All the rest appears to happen "normally"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back