Contribute
Register

Boot macOS 10.15.6 on HP Spectre with OpenCore (converting from Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 827E - F.51
CPU
i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I have a fully functional Hackintosh HP Spectre, currently on 15.5.6 using Clover. I've been trying to switch to OpenCore the last couple days, but haven't been really successful... I've followed the guides and modified the settings which HP users should modify too, but still no luck. I'm stacked at the following point (I assume OpenCore works correctly since I can select my existent Hackintosh drive, the issue is that I can't boot it):
I've tried to follow the Clover conversion approach and the "fresh new" config.plist approach, but haven't succeeded with any.
IMG_3145.jpg

Just to clarify, I've read and followed this guide very carefully and tried many things he last 3 days. Also done the suggested solutions for the kernel panic I get (invalid frame pointer). But because of my failure to boot through OpenCore, I ask here for help!
I post my EFI folder in case anybody can help me, the log of my latest boot attempt, and the config.plist file I use in Clover. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 129
  • opencore-2020-07-21-115526.txt
    256 KB · Views: 114
Maybe cross-check your Lilu kext and its plugins (e.g. try AppleALC.kext)?
Also, could you try to inject all USBs w/ Rehabman's kext and see what your Hackintosh outputs?

So, after summer vacations, I've attempted one more time to get my Hackintosh to boot using OpenCore. This time I followed again this 2 guides (Base OpenCore files and Gathering files) to create the EFI folder, plus this guide (Kaby Lake config.plist) to create the config.plist file. All guides are updated to be used using OpenCore 0.6.1, the boot loader I'm trying to use this time.
The macOS is installed in a partition of my Samsung NVME 970 EVO drive, and as I already explained, is fully bootable and working using Clover. However, when I try to boot using an OpenCore USB, I get stuck in the following screen:
4.jpg

I only notice the following "strange" things (maybe they are normal and I'm missing something):
3. AppleIntelLpssI2C-1::InitI2cIGplo: no ISOL, validateObject returned 0xe00002bc
2. AppleNVME Assert Failed: () != data)
3. AppleIntelLpssI2C-1::_notificationPublishedHandler: getChannelNumber failed
4. AppleIntelLpssI2CController:: _serviceMatchingTimeSubr: fTimerServiceMatching timed out, fNotifications 0

Here I include some pictures I took where you can see all the process, and I attach my EFI folder. Hopefully somebody can check it out and point me to the right direction... I think that I'm stuck at the XNU/Kernel Handoff point, according to the Understanding the boot process guide.

4.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 79
  • EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
So, after summer vacations, I've attempted one more time to get my Hackintosh to boot using OpenCore. This time I followed again this 2 guides (Base OpenCore files and Gathering files) to create the EFI folder, plus this guide (Kaby Lake config.plist) to create the config.plist file. All guides are updated to be used using OpenCore 0.6.1, the boot loader I'm trying to use this time.
The macOS is installed in a partition of my Samsung NVME 970 EVO drive, and as I already explained, is fully bootable and working using Clover. However, when I try to boot using an OpenCore USB, I get stuck in the following screen:
View attachment 487298
I only notice the following "strange" things (maybe they are normal and I'm missing something):
3. AppleIntelLpssI2C-1::InitI2cIGplo: no ISOL, validateObject returned 0xe00002bc
2. AppleNVME Assert Failed: () != data)
3. AppleIntelLpssI2C-1::_notificationPublishedHandler: getChannelNumber failed
4. AppleIntelLpssI2CController:: _serviceMatchingTimeSubr: fTimerServiceMatching timed out, fNotifications 0

Here I include some pictures I took where you can see all the process, and I attach my EFI folder. Hopefully somebody can check it out and point me to the right direction... I think that I'm stuck at the XNU/Kernel Handoff point, according to the Understanding the boot process guide.

View attachment 487298View attachment 487300View attachment 487301
you are trying to load VoodooInput 3 times...
try using the one from VoodooI2C

also this should be removed:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext.dSYM</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

you are trying to load VoodooInput 3 times...
try using the one from VoodooI2C

also this should be removed:
Code:
<dict>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>VoodooI2C.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooInput.kext.dSYM</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>
Thank you! I've already removed two of the three Vodoo Input.kext. Didn't know that they were "the same", one being explicitly the VoodooInput.kext, the other one being bundled inside VoodooPS2Controllers.kext and the third one (the one I've left) in VoodooI2C.
Just before editing this, I0ve redownloaded the DSDT-EC-USB-X.aml (the prebuilt one, when I get everything working I'll try to improve this using a custom made one), which has allowed me to go way more further, currently being stuck at this point:

Attachments

• IMG_3664.jpg
    IMG_3664.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3665.jpg
    IMG_3665.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3666.jpg
    IMG_3666.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 90
Thank you! I've already removed two of the three Vodoo Input.kext. Didn't know that they were "the same", one being explicitly the VoodooInput.kext, the other one being bundled inside VoodooPS2Controllers.kext and the third one (the one I've left) in VoodooI2C.
Just before editing this, I0ve redownloaded the DSDT-EC-USB-X.aml (the prebuilt one, when I get everything working I'll try to improve this using a custom made one), which has allowed me to go way more further, currently being stuck at this point:
which point?

I assume that it is related to the Graphics? Here I post my updated EFI folder!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
looks like a usb issue
How so? Could you explain this a little more, so that I can try to dig out what is it exactly? I think that I'm at the latest step of the verbose mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back