Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I used this technique (viewtopic.php?f=81&t=22797) to get things going properly, with some success. I then tried to add in a GeForce 210 card, which resulted in a boot cycle. I pulled the card and tried to do a reinstall (wiping the HD), and going back to onboard graphics so I could change the boot options (graphics=no and 32 bit boot was alleged to work).

Now I'm getting KPs or simply timeouts in the boot process. I updated to 10.6.7 and ran bridgehelper (an earlier attempt to upgrade to 10.6.8 resulted in KPs, while 10.6.7 seemed ok). The only difference from my first install is that I did not do a custom DSDT yet. Could that be the cause of my problems?

Please clarify: did you use a Custom DSDT on the first install and EasyBeast on the second one?

Yes, it would make a difference as using CustomBeast or UserDSDT with a matching DSDT will install a different set of kexts than EasyBeast.

In general if you have a DSDT for your board (or CustomBeast) you are better off using it as a lot of issues are resolved by MultiBeast saving a bit of research and trial and error especially WRT sleep, restart and power management.

SnapMan said:
Please clarify: did you use a Custom DSDT on the first install and EasyBeast on the second one?

Yes, it would make a difference as using CustomBeast or UserDSDT with a matching DSDT will install a different set of kexts than EasyBeast.

In general if you have a DSDT for your board (or CustomBeast) you are better off using it as a lot of issues are resolved by MultiBeast saving a bit of research and trial and error especially WRT sleep, restart and power management.

I guess I got sloppy with the second round. First round I used a DSDT for my board. I didn't use one at all on the second round. Sounds like I need to locate that one and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back