Contribute
Register

Boot Loop (Fans spin then it all restarts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z77x-d3h
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
gt 640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Any idea why a computer would work fine for a while then randomly not work at all? When I press the power button the psu and cpu fan both spin up. Then, a second or two later, everything shuts down and the process restarts. I tried unplugging the hdd, ssd and dvd drive without any luck. I just bought another psu (same kind corsair cx600) and nothing changed. So does that mean it's my cpu or mobo? Is there another way to troubleshoot this other than buying each part?

Having the same issue all of a sudden. I went to add RAM so I had to turn my CPU cooler. Added RAM, powered up and now in a boot loop. Don't even get LED error codes. It also switches back and forth between the MBIOS & BBIOS.

Pulled EVERYTHING systematically, same results. :banghead:

Can post a video of what mine is doing if it'll help.

Any help appreciated.

Hi. Try this:

1) unplug your AC power cord
2) wait a couple of minutes
3) keep pressed your PC power button and replug AC power chord, keep pressing the PC power button!

A recovery BIOS should kick in, release power button.

I'm thinking the issue in the attached photo is my issue...

IMG_1891.jpg

When I went to turn my cooler, my dumb a$$ disconnected from the back side of the MoBo instead of the front side spring-screws and apparently gouged the board and about 9 paths...

Curious if the CPU is still good or if I hosed that too? New MoBo and CPU in the works, maybe I can find a system on CL or eBay that I can canibalize...

Expensive lesson and sorry it doesn't help the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back