i7-8700K
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 9100
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I successfully loaded Mojave 10.14 and upgraded to 10.14.4, but on each reboot, Clover wants to boot to "Boot macOS Install from 1TB SSD" and not to "Boot macOS from 1TB SSD". After upgrading to 10.14.4, I reloaded the bootloaders from MultiBeast, but still can't boot to the SSD drive. Any suggestions?

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU: Core i7-8700K
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB Internal SSD - M.2 2280 - MZ-N6E1T0BW - SATA 6Gb/s
Video: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
No Bluetooth or WiFi (for the moment)

Pressing spacebar in the Clover boot menu doesn't provide any extra information regarding the boot partitions. I do have 1 line of data that runs to the end of the screen and is cut off at that point, possibly the boot partitions are located after that. I ran a "boot dump" command in UEFI Shell 64 terminal mode and got 2 options:
Option 00: Clover start boot.efi at Preboot -- the device path points to EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.EFI
Option 01: UEFI OS -- the device path points to EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI
Would removing Option 00 resolve this problem?

I decided to post a short note on how I resolved this issue, just in case somebody down the road experiences the same issue.

During the update from Mojave 10.14.0 to 10.14.4, I had to restart the install 3 times from the Boot macOS Install from 1TB SSD before I got a Successful Completion. At this point the PC is currently running Mojave 10.14.4 with no known problems although I have yet to install a Bluetooth adapter hopefully this weekend. A minor inconvenience was the PC boots to the Boot macOS Install from 1TB SSD Clover Boot option and not the Boot macOS from 1TB SSD option, which prompted my original post. Using Clover Configurator I changed the timeout value in the Boot pane to 20 seconds which gave me ample time to catch the automatic boot option and select option 4 below. Now I just had to figure out how to clean up the Clover Boot Menu.
My Clover Boot Menu looked like this
1. Boot FileVault PreBooter from Preboot
2. Boot macOS Install Prebooter from Preboot
3. Boot macOS Install from 1TB SSD
4. Boot macOS from 1TB SSD
5. Boot Recovery from Recovery

To remove unwanted Clover Boot options such as Preboot, Recovery etc., I used Clover Configurator to mount the EFI Partition which will display all the SSD Device names. I then added Preboot, Recovery and VM to the Hide Volume pane located in the Gui window. This cleaned up the Clover Boot menu but still kept booting to the Boot macOS Install from 1TB SSD option which I still had to catch.
My Clover Boot Menu looked like this:
1. Boot macOS Install from 1TB SSD
2. Boot macOS from 1TB SSD

I found on another Hackintosh forum where somebody mentioned the reason the Boot macOS Install from 1TB SSD is not removed from the Clover Boot Menu is because the software update (10.14.4) did not install cleanly. They recommended deleting the following folder macOS Install Data. I didn’t delete it, just renamed it. So now my my Clover Boot Menu looks like this:
1. Boot macOS from 1TB SSD

A side note worth mentioning:
Originally I set the SMBIOS to iMac18,3 as I felt it closely resembled what I was currently running. I have 2 UHD 4K monitors connected to the GPU but only work using the DVDI or HDMI ports, Displayport would not work. Someone posted on the web that by changing the Product Model from iMc18,3 to iMac14,2, Displayport would work. Sure enough.

I hope this helps.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU: Core i7-8700K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
HDD: Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB Internal SSD
PSU: SeaSonic Electronics Prime Ultra Gold Series 750W 80 Plus Gold
PC Case: Thermaltake Level 20MT ARGB
Video: Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB
Bluetooth: ASUS ASUSBBT400 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter (yet to be installed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back