Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,
I'm getting a very strange issue after I switched from Maveriks to Yosemite.
After the first part of the boot, screens go black: the system is up and running (keyboard shortcut for dvd is still working).
Sometime the system boot normal (with both displays working).
When the system goes black screen, if I swich dvi connector from the first 770 to the second one, I can see the desktop: it seems OSX, sometimes, initialize the wrong card.
I'm using 2 displays, both connected to the first 770 card.
I know SLI is not supported on Osx (I use it for windows), but it always worked correctly until Yosemite (Maveriks boots always good).
I'm using Chimera 4.0, GraphicsEnabler=no, npci=0x2000
Is there a way to force the primary card?

My system is:
GA-X58-UD5 - F13 BIOS (user DSDT)
i7 980x
2x Nvidia 770 (SLI)
2 Monitors (both on primary card)

I added -f (Ignore caches) to kernel flags and now it boots on the proper graphic card.
I notice that in System Info, the 770s are showed in reverse order than Maveriks.

I had a similar issue with my 660 TI SLI setup. I needed to make sure I was using a Mac Pro 3,1 SMBIOS.plist. Otherwise when I used Mac Mini 6,2 or Imac 13,2 it would initialize a different card every boot.

Kind of sucks though, because I lose speedstep on a 3770k with this plist. Unless you know another way to enable it?

I will try to switch to Mac Pro 3.1 too.
The issue is not fully disappeared, it only happens less frequently :( .
I'm also try to fix performance for agpm (the card is recognized as unknow from AGPM ad 3d performance is very low).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back