i7 / 4790
Graphics
EVGA Titan X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys, recently I had an issue with my Hackpro (EL Capitan) and couldn't start up, there was light in the motherboard but system not initiating. After research I started up replacing the internal battery and machine boot up nicely but just the BIOS config had two changes from my latest settings:

1. Boot Drive, which I changed to the HDD with the OS
2. Boot System, was booting in Windows OS Type mode and I had to changed it to Other OS

So I save bios changes, restarted and everything was back to how it was before... perfect!!

Next day I started the machine up to do some work and instead of seen the clover I landed in the BIOS interface again... why?? well, after checking again all the relevant parameters I noticed that the Boot System was switched to Windows Mode again and now the BIOS doesn't keep the booting type to Other OS no matter how many times I change it and save it.

Is there anyone having similar trouble? How can I keep the BIOS configured to boot in Other OS type mode?

Thanks in advanced guys :thumbup:

Hello Guys, recently I had an issue with my Hackpro (EL Capitan) and couldn't start up, there was light in the motherboard but system not initiating. After research I started up replacing the internal battery and machine boot up nicely but just the BIOS config had two changes from my latest settings:

1. Boot Drive, which I changed to the HDD with the OS
2. Boot System, was booting in Windows OS Type mode and I had to changed it to Other OS

So I save bios changes, restarted and everything was back to how it was before... perfect!!

Next day I started the machine up to do some work and instead of seen the clover I landed in the BIOS interface again... why?? well, after checking again all the relevant parameters I noticed that the Boot System was switched to Windows Mode again and now the BIOS doesn't keep the booting type to Other OS no matter how many times I change it and save it.

Is there anyone having similar trouble? How can I keep the BIOS configured to boot in Other OS type mode?

Thanks in advanced guys :thumbup:
Is secure boot disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back