NVidia GT460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi people !

I'm facing a problem that it came twice in the last weeks !

This are my system specs :

* Motherboard : GA-h55m-usb3 f10
* Nvidia GT460
* CPU : i7 3GHz (133x24) (( that is what says at startup)

I installed Mountain Lion from AppStore with UniBeast 2.1.1.
It all worked fine with audio and network specific kects ...
I got the system working for 1 week without rebooting, perfectly ...

Then suddenly, today i rebooted and i got to a deathlock ...

* if booting from USB (UniBeast 2.2.1) i can't acces the bootloader i got stuck with a blinking cursor ... nothing i can do from there ...
* if booting from hard-disk i got this messages and again i can't acces the bootloader :

boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test
boot0: done

Again i can't do nothing on here ... TOTALLY STUCK ?¿

So basically i'm totally stuck right now !! I can't find any way to boot something ... I could use an Ubuntu Live Cd and it works ...

Anyone has any idea of what is going on ? This happened exactly the same 2 weeks agon and i finished by having to FORMAT the HD and start the whole process again ... :_( ... pain in the asssss !!
Should i post any other important information to let people help or debug ?

Please any info or suggestion of :

* is there any way to recover my system without reinstalling ?
* how to prevent this to happen again if i'm able to reinstall ?

This is very annoying and stressing ... Please help ...

Thanks a lot for your support ... as a contributor i love this project ...

e*

Hi Quicktime !

I got to a death lock where i could'nt find any solution to make my system run again ... so I end up by reformating the disk and re-installing everything again .... sad but true ;) Reinstalling all again and i got a nice system up & running ...

e*

Hi Quicktime !

I got to a death lock where i could'nt find any solution to make my system run again ... so I end up by reformating the disk and re-installing everything again .... sad but true ;) Reinstalling all again and i got a nice system up & running ...

e*

Hi e,

How do you reinstall the system, if you cannot boot into USB?

I am thinking of connecting the fusion drives by USB to my Macbook Pro and see if I can re-run MultiBeast or Chimera installer to fix it... but I am not sure of the situation as the USB drive should always boot...

Hi Quicktime again ...

What i did is take my HD out of the desktop ... put it on a HD-usb box ... connect it to my macbook pro, format the disk ... and restart the process.

Seems like the problem was with the boot sectors of the HD ... once repaired the disk and reformat it ... put it back on the desktop and i could use it normally ... for some reason i got into a point where usb acces was not accessible ... but it was something related with the corrupted disk anyway ... ??

It's kind of weird, but it worked for me ...

e*

Hi Quicktime again ...

What i did is take my HD out of the desktop ... put it on a HD-usb box ... connect it to my macbook pro, format the disk ... and restart the process.

Seems like the problem was with the boot sectors of the HD ... once repaired the disk and reformat it ... put it back on the desktop and i could use it normally ... for some reason i got into a point where usb acces was not accessible ... but it was something related with the corrupted disk anyway ... ??

It's kind of weird, but it worked for me ...

e*

Ahhh okay. If the things I planned to do doesn't work I will have to do the same. At least I have a Time Machine backup, which didn't back up everything but the essentials. I may even be able to copy some important files out if Fusion Drive works if both drives were connected by USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back