Graphics
AMD Vega 64
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
My system:
  • Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
  • Intel i5-4590
  • Radeon R9-390
I used Unibeast to create the install media, which was successful, I select 'boot into install Mac...' it gets about halfway through the loading bar and hangs with a frozen spinning loading icon. I made sure to set BIOS options to their proper values and am using a USB 2.0 port. In verbose mode it hangs on:
`Imac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer.x) <Warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1`
`Imac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer.x) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.`

Typically this scenario is a graphics card issue. Your system should have an IGPU, if it does, consider using it instead of the Radeon card for the install. If you do this, you need to disable the Radeon (you can unplug the power I think rather than disconnecting it), set the IGPU to primary/enabled with >= 64 MB prealloc DVMT, and clover's config.plist should already have inject intel = true. If you can get the system installed, you can go back and figure out how to get the Radeon working. Make sure you're using one monitor on a digital output.

LOL okay I'll try after work. Gotta get my screwdrivers to unplug the card. This was easier last time I did this on Sierra (same computer).

Can I just plug the HDMI into the motherboard instead of the video card?

My system:
  • Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
  • Intel i5-4590
  • Radeon R9-390
Should I use multibeast? How can I get my graphics card working, I had to unplug it for the installation. What kexts should I include? What options should I choose if I use multibeast? I don't want to mess things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back