Graphics
GTX780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm not getting past a certain point in the boot. I'm attempting to bring up Mavericks on a new system: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H w/ i7-4770 (no "K" suffix), 16GB Crucial 1600 DRAM, UniBeast 3.0.1, MultiBeast 6.0.1. I have VT-d disabled in the BIOS, and I've tried the boot with -x, dart=0, and cpus=1, all to no avail. Always hangs in the same place. I've scoured the forum for ideas. Screen shots attached. Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 228
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 203
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 208
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 206
You are using onboard graphics and not PCI, your Bios is set to PCI. Although the pictures are upside down. Set your init Display First to IGFX

Yes, I am using internal graphics for now, will bring GTX780 into system later. Photos are right-side-up on my desktop - don't know where they are getting inverted. I changed the BIOS setting, still get the same hang. Do I need DVI? -- I now have the monitor connected via VGA.

Yes, I am using internal graphics for now, will bring GTX780 into system later. Photos are right-side-up on my desktop - don't know where they are getting inverted. I changed the BIOS setting, still get the same hang. Do I need DVI? -- I now have the monitor connected via VGA.
[h=3]General Information on Display Preferences[/h]

Thanks. Whole thing was the wrong video cable. Sheesh...

100% up and running, boot, sleep, shutdown, etc. GTX780 graphics card works fine. Great machine. Thanks much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back