Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Shuttle
CPU
Core 2 duo
Graphics
NVIDIA
Hi, another 'newbie' here for Hackintosh stuff!
Trying to repurpose an old Shuttle SG31G2 for an OSX specific application, so thought I try installing Sierra using Clover/Unibeast etc.
Built the Sierra boot USB with Clover/UniBeast/Multibeast etc as detailed on this site - I assume the Shuttle SG31G2 uses the Legacy Boot Mode?
On first boot using the USB drive, I got the Apple logo, then it hung (no progress bar). So I went into options in Clover and added -v to try and see what was happening. I then got a blank screen with a progress bar ('+' characters) that reached about half way across the screen then hung - no messages at all with the -v, just the progress bar on the first line of the screen.
I've tried checking 'USB Ownership' and 'USB Injection' but they made no difference. I had an NVIDIA GT710 card installed, but I've pulled that out and I'm using the built in Intel graphics, in case that affected it, but still no joy.
With no messages with the -v option, I have no idea where to look next! Any help gratefully received!
Thanks
Clive

Shuttle SG31G2
Intel Core 2 Duo 6400
NVIDIA GT710 (now pulled and using built in Intel graphics)

I then got a blank screen with a progress bar ('+' characters) that reached about half way across the screen then hung
The usual cure for stalling at the row of plus signs is to replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

You should use the GT 710 rather than the on-board Intel GMA 3100 graphics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back