Contribute
Register

Boot hangs after corecrypto.kext FIPS POST passed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3
CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K 3,4GHz Socket 1155
Graphics
ASUS GTX 970 4 GB DirectCUII Strix
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey!

First time poster, long time reader. : ) I hope I've posted this in the right area!

I've got a problem, me and my hackintosh doesn't get along that well! I've had it running fairly good, with the exception that I couldn't install google chrome for some reason. It wasn't that big of a problem and I was eager to start to use Logic Pro 9 and hence my post. I've been creating a new track, which I unfortunately didn't save to my NAS for some reason. I decided to try to update my settings with unibeast to be able to install Chrome since it's my main browser, and Now I can't boot in to OSX!

I've booted in verbose-mode and this is the last message I get; corecrypto.kext FIPS POST passed. And after that it hangs!

You can see my specs in my signature, and I've used deadmetal's guide for my hackintosh. I've got a modded bios to get the sleep function working.

Thanks in advance!

I think I might have let the auto-updater update to the latest version, which of course must be why I have the problem. How can I boot into my SSD and get a hold of my musicproject!?

Try booting with your UniBeast USB flash drive, select you OS X icon and boot -v -x

I've tried that, but no luck. I've attached a picture of what the boot says. Any more advice you can give me?

Attachments

• 20121211_134615.jpg
    20121211_134615.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 569
Can you post a screen booting with just -V?

Hi

I have exact same problem on intel SSD. Did fresh ML install, everything worked perfect and after one week now boot take 6 min. After boot, everything is working normal.
-v shows delay after FIPS POST passed!

Have no clue what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back