Nvidia GT 650M X2 SLI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Strangely enough, more often than not I have experienced a boot hang with Chimera. I will see the bootloader loading but on the last screen before the GUI selection screen, it freezes with the text-based spinner stuck at "\".
My specs are in the left. This is a laptop, so I get that this may not be like other computers but I have had this happen on multiple installs on the same hardware, so it isn't just a fluke on install. Its the software from what I can see. I think I may have found a temporary solution for the moment and I'm hoping that it sticks, but I have already lost some nonessential, but a large quantity of data and done an entire reinstall of my two OSes.
It worked when I took out my power cord and battery, after which I proceed to press my power button therefore discharging residual energy (which I'm not sure why I do in this instance, other than habit?). I plug my power cord in or place the battery back in and all seems to be well.

Thanks for reading the long explanation (and sorry about it)!

I'm sure you have it fixed by now but I have a similar thing with my unit. If I have my external disks connected it hangs, if I unplug it and restart no problem. One of the externals has a boot partition, the other does not but they both cause a problem. Very strange. Good luck, cfi

Again, I did temporarily fix it by discharging all power from my laptop. I had to take out the battery and disconnect my AC adapter and press the power button on my laptop. This allowed me to make it to the screen of OS choices and this has not happened for probably 6 months and has phased itself out with newer versions of chimera, I'm guessing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back