Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-UD3P-B3
CPU
i72600K
Graphics
GTX770
This has been asked before but I can't find an answer that will work.
How can I boot my HS Hackintosh drive on my Macbook Pro?

I've tried deleting entire contents of EFI partition - won't boot on Mac
I've tried deleting EFI folder on EFI partition (and leaving 'boot' file) - won't boot on Mac
I've tried deleting just the CLOVER folder in the EFI folder - won't boot on Mac

Add them all back and it boots my Hackintosh......

So how can I get this drive to boot on a Mac?

The reason I need to, is because I can't do OSX updates in my Hackintosh. I've got a Legacy system that has two clover screens in order to boot HS - don't ask! It's unsolvable and 'is what it is' (there are threads about this). So basically I installed my HS on an external HD plugged into my mac and then added the Clover boot files (Via a HS Multibeast thumb drive) to the EFI in order for it to work on my Hackintosh.

Recently there's been another OSX HS update, but it doesn't work for me - just gets stuck. So essentially, If I can boot my HS in an external SSD on my Macbook then I'll be able to do the update there - and then add my clover EFI afterwards to work on my Hackintosh.

So the problem I have is - how to boot my SSD HS Hackintosh drive via a USB external enclosure on my Mackbook - otherwise I'll have to install everything again, just to have the latest update....

Thanks for your help!

So just to clarify - I just want to know how to boot my Hack HS Drive on my Macbook - I don't want any troubleshooting about doing the update on my Hackintosh!

Thanks for any insight you've got.

I've tried deleting EFI folder on EFI partition (and leaving 'boot' file) - won't boot on Mac
I've tried deleting just the CLOVER folder in the EFI folder - won't boot on Mac

The reason I need to, is because I can't do OSX updates in my Hackintosh. I've got a Legacy system that has two clover screens in order to boot HS - don't ask! It's unsolvable and 'is what it is' (there are threads about this). So basically I installed my HS on an external HD plugged into my mac and then added the Clover boot files (Via a HS Multibeast thumb drive) to the EFI in order for it to work on my Hackintosh.

Recently there's been another OSX HS update, but it doesn't work for me - just gets stuck. So essentially, If I can boot my HS in an external SSD on my Macbook then I'll be able to do the update there - and then add my clover EFI afterwards to work on my Hackintosh.

So the problem I have is - how to boot my SSD HS Hackintosh drive via a USB external enclosure on my Mackbook - otherwise I'll have to install everything again, just to have the latest update....

Thanks for your help!

So just to clarify - I just want to know how to boot my Hack HS Drive on my Macbook - I don't want any troubleshooting about doing the update on my Hackintosh!

i have moved your post to macbook section

Thanks for your help!

Hi there.

Just put your unmodified SSD in an external USB caddy, plug it in to your MacBook Pro and hold down the Option key when you boot. Choose your hackintosh drive. That way your Mac doesn't see or touch Clover.

If you've removed your EFI folder and other things we are not allowed to know - "don't ask!" - then bricking your Mac is a possibility, so proceed with caution.

As a positive I often booted my iMac 2015 model using external USB drives, including as far back as El Capitan, an old WD 5.25" Elements drive which in truth was able to boot everything I threw at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back