Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Boot glitch after forcing HiDPI on 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Elite X2 1012 G2 << need manufacturer >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i5-7300U
Graphics
HD 620, 2736 x 1824
I've followed this guide to enable HiDPI on my laptop screen and while the system profiler says it is enabled and works OK, I have gained a boot glitch.

Is there a way to fix it? I've injected a kext patch to see if it reduces the glitch, but did not have any noticeable effect.
the patch:
Name: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFami
Find: 01 00 00 75
Repl: 01 00 00 EB 22

Attachments

• 스크린샷 2019-06-16 오후 5.32.06.png
    스크린샷 2019-06-16 오후 5.32.06.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 53
  • PR.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 64
  • DisplayProductID-573.zip
    598 bytes · Views: 53
Last edited:
I've followed this guide to enable HiDPI on my laptop screen and while the system profiler says it is enabled and works OK, I have gained a boot glitch.

View attachment 411519View attachment 411520
Is there a way to fix it? I've injected a kext patch to see if it reduces the glitch, but did not have any noticeable effect.
the patch:
Name: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFami
Find: 01 00 00 75
Repl: 01 00 00 EB 22
that's common

that's common
That's a simple answer. Do you think it might go away with different platform ids?
Edit
The glitch does go away if I set the logo scale to 2 with the platform id 591b. If there's nothing else, Mark Solved, please.

Last edited:
That's a simple answer. Do you think it might go away with different platform ids?
Edit
The glitch does go away if I set the logo scale to 2 with the platform id 591b. If there's nothing else, Mark Solved, please.
how did you set logo scale to 2? im having same glitch at startup, didn't think it was fixable

That minor glitch is normal. Just ignore it.
as per another post I think its normal. but if you have found a way to remove it, please share in detail

as per another post I think its normal. but if you have found a way to remove it, please share in detail
I'm on my phone, and can't view your profile so I don't know if it would apply to you. If you look in my config, there's a BootGraphics section disabled by # in front of it. Remove # and the logo scale will be set to 2. Plus I had to change the platform id to 591b as the glitch remained and the logo size was automatically set to 1 after graphics acceleration with 5916.
But it only made the glitch somewhat bearable as there was no more "grey statics" but the "logo duplicate thing" is still there.
In short: BootGraphics and changing ig-platform-id until it works out for you.

I'm on my phone, and can't view your profile so I don't know if it would apply to you. If you look in my config, there's a BootGraphics section disabled by # in front of it. Remove # and the logo scale will be set to 2. Plus I had to change the platform id to 591b as the glitch remained and the logo size was automatically set to 1 after graphics acceleration with 5916.
But it only made the glitch somewhat bearable as there was no more "grey statics" but the "logo duplicate thing" is still there.
In short: BootGraphics and changing ig-platform-id until it works out for you.
after trying your boot glitch patch, problem remained after changing id with boot glitch patch. what seemed to work for me, was simply changing the platform id and intel gfx id BOTH to 591b0000. now the glitch is gone completely

edit: worked for a few boots then glitch re appeared

Last edited:
after trying your boot glitch patch, problem remained after changing id with boot glitch patch. what seemed to work for me, was simply changing the platform id and intel gfx id BOTH to 591b0000. now the glitch is gone completely
Thanks for the info. I'll try that out myself and see how it goes :)

edit: worked for a few boots then glitch re appeared
I was going to write it did not work for me, oh but you updated your reply. You and I probably share the same glitch. I'll just live with it since any improvement pleases the eyes but is cosmetic when it comes to performance. If you find a new way, please share though :)

I was going to write it did not work for me, oh but you updated your reply. You and I probably share the same glitch. I'll just live with it since any improvement pleases the eyes but is cosmetic when it comes to performance. If you find a new way, please share though :)
glitch only appears ever so often. what I did change was the scale of the icon so its the same across boot. looks much cleaner with icon being same size during entire boot. thank you for pointing that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back