Zotac GeForce GTX760 4GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

just went from Chimera-Yosemite to Clover-El Capitan today. Installation worked fine, on first reboot I ran the El Capitan Post-Install tools, Clover Configurator (setting system definition to Mac Pro 3,1), installed NVidia drivers, and before hitting Restart, I wanted to run the ALC script, but it failed because it said the EFI partition wasn't mounted. So I rebooted and tried again, voilà, it worked. NVidia drivers wanted to update, so I let them, then I rebooted again and - it got stuck halfway through the progress bar. Verbose mode gives me this:

image.jpg

Same result with nvda_drv=0. It still said "NVDAStartupWeb: Web" though - shouldn't nvda_drv=0 set it to use the OS X default graphics driver again?

My configuration for this install:

• GA-Z87X-D3H (ALC892 Audio Codec)
  • i7-4770K
  • VGA and HDMI monitor plugged into internal graphics, HDMI gave me no output so I removed it.
  • I unplugged my GTX760 for the install, figured I'd get the system up and running without it before and take care of it later.

Guess I shouldn't have updated the graphics drivers - or was it the audio?

If you have removed the Nvidia card, I would make sure you're using a config.plist configured for inject intel = true, inject nvidia = false, etc. I wouldn't have thought you'd need any GPU boot arguments, but you can try nv_disable=1 if you must.

Is there any difference if you boot off the install USB instead of the system drive? You did get at least one successful boot off the system drive before things went south, right?

If you have removed the Nvidia card, I would make sure you're using a config.plist configured for inject intel = true, inject nvidia = false, etc. I wouldn't have thought you'd need any GPU boot arguments, but you can try nv_disable=1 if you must.

Is there any difference if you boot off the install USB instead of the system drive? You did get at least one successful boot off the system drive before things went south, right?

Yes, there is a difference. Booting from USB works like a charm (although it's really slow). So I did that and checked my config.plist, it is set to inject intel true and inject nvidia false.

After I made sure of that, I tried booting from SSD again, it still didn't work, not even with nv_disable=1.

And yes, I thought I had gotten one successful boot, but to be honest, right now I'm not so sure any more if that was really from the system drive.

Anyway, so I just went through the boot options directly in Clover, and I noticed that when I boot from USB, it is actually set to inject nvidia true and inject intel false. So i set it to the same options for booting from SSD, and now it's working - I have no idea why, this makes zero sense to me, but it's working. Now I'll try to somehow get the NVidia card up and running so I can use both my monitors again.

But thanks for your response anyway!

There's no need for web drivers for the 760. Uninstalled them and then inject Nvidia in Clover... If for whatever reason you want to run the Nvidia web drivers add nvda_drv=1 to boot args in Clover.

Oh well... so I uninstalled the Web drivers now.

But either way, the GPU doesn't work. Whichever monitor I connect to it doesn't give me any output, the one I connect to IGFX does - with a few glitches here and there, though. And yes, I do have Inject Nvidia turned on.

Perhaps you should change the system definition to iMac14,2 and turn off Nvidia injection.

Nvidia injection is the same as GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and you shouldn't need it.

Perhaps you should change the system definition to iMac14,2 and turn off Nvidia injection.

Nvidia injection is the same as GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and you shouldn't need it.

Nope, iMac14,2 won't boot without Nvidia injection, and with Nvidia injection I get the same result as with Mac Pro 3,1: No output through the 760, glitches through internal graphics.

But the system somehow knows there's a second screen, because I get the "mirroring options" icon in the menu bar. However if I go to Display Settings, there's only one monitor displayed, same goes for "About This Mac".

Is your BIOS set to initial display = some PCIe slot?

You could also try disabling integrated graphics in the BIOS. I've never been able to get my GA-H87N-WIFI to work that way, but people with other boards have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back