Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299 Aorus Ultra Gaming
CPU
i9 7900x
Graphics
Vega 64
I have strange problem with my boot flags. I upgraded from ML to Mavericks with relative ease. For the first boot- to access multibeast, I booted using the -x flag. Now every time I boot, safe mode is loaded by default. It is not in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. I is simply always present as a flag that I have to actively delete every time I boot.

To be clear when I reach the boot theme (I have now tried a few, the tonymac default, the chameleon default, no theme) and start typing the '-x' is already there. To boot normally I have to hit back space twice (deleting the boot flag). Once booted without the offending flag all seems stable but this very frustrating as you might imagine.

Many thanks

Mavericks 10.9.0
Chimera v2.2.1
Gigabyte Z77mx-d3h th
i7 3770k
Gigabyte 7970

Did you look in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist? Try copying it to your /Extra folder
without -x parameter.

Thanks
The com.apple.Boot.plist had no flags whatsoever (see below). I copied to /Extra nonetheless but it still didn't override this lingering flag. Is there anywhere else such information is stored? I booted with -f to see if flushing the kext caches would help but it made difference next boot.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have strange problem with my boot flags. I upgraded from ML to Mavericks with relative ease. For the first boot- to access multibeast, I booted using the -x flag. Now every time I boot, safe mode is loaded by default. It is not in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. I is simply always present as a flag that I have to actively delete every time I boot.

To be clear when I reach the boot theme (I have now tried a few, the tonymac default, the chameleon default, no theme) and start typing the '-x' is already there. To boot normally I have to hit back space twice (deleting the boot flag). Once booted without the offending flag all seems stable but this very frustrating as you might imagine.

Many thanks

Mavericks 10.9.0
Chimera v2.2.1
Gigabyte Z77mx-d3h th
i7 3770k
Gigabyte 7970

Code:
# in Terminal
sudo nvram -d boot-args

Thank you so much. All working perfectly now.

I have exactly the same issue. Unless I manually delete the boot flags at startup (-v -x is what is set) I will always boot in verbose and safe mode. If I start typing, the flags are there. If I delete them, it boots normally.

Tried the command sudo nvram -d boot-args but it still does it. Any other ideas?

I also installed Chimera instead of Chameleon, no change.

nvram -p returns no sign of an boot-args or no -x or -v anywhere

I also installed Chimera instead of Chameleon, no change.

OK, I spoke too soon. The first time I rebooted after installing Chimera, there was no change. On the next reboot, I deleted the flags. On subsequent reboots, it boots normally, so all is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back