Gigabyte X79-UP4
CPU
i7-3930
Graphics
WX4100
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi
Im getting, and this is usually first start of the day , boot failure on my gigabyte board. Every time I go into Bios and re- save and ext without changing anything and it then boots as normal. Im assuming I have a Bios setting thats not right unless theres another reason. Ive tried my Back up system SSD and my Main system SSD in case its a disk error and the outcome is the same. Any ideas as to which BIOS settings I should change?

your motherboard battery is dying.

really ? I replaced it a few months back - I think I have an onboard app that measures the battery - will check it - thank you for the heads up....

this shows CMOS battery at full strength. Its a cheap enough thing to replace - do you still think that could be it?

Attachments

• HW Monitor .png
    HW Monitor .png
    506.8 KB · Views: 120
The it is a RTC problem, check config.plist about FIX_RTC

install this kext and add boot arg: rtcfx_exclude=B2

Thank you justin - will just adding these to the EFI kext other folder and the boot flag be sufficient to load it?

Thank you justin - will just adding these to the EFI kext other folder and the boot flag be sufficient to load it?

to see if it loads or not, open terminal.app run:

kextstat | grep -v com.apple | grep -i rtc

the latest version from the link you supplied is a folder which contains two kexts. Do I need both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back