Contribute
Register

Boot failure Sometime (Prohibited sign / Couldn't allocate runtime area)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the same issue with two different sets of Hackintosh on macOS Sierra 10.12.2 with OsxAptioFix2Drv. I'll be working around of solutions in this topic trying to resolve this.

Set #1:
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 + Intel Core i7-2700k + Asus NVIDIA GTX 760 + 32 GB Kingston DDR3 1333 MHz (XMP maximum is 2133 MHz) + Intel PCI-E x1 CT Gigabit Ethernet Adapter + Intel SSD 480 GB. Integrated audio and ethernet are off. Using separate parts. Using RME Fireface UC USB audio interface.

Solution:
I've replaced VBoxHFS-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi and received much faster progress with + symbols. Then I replaced OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and managed to do 30 reboots. At 29th case I received blinking keyboard cursor after "User hibernate: No ...". No boot. Maybe it became more stable, but not 100% definitely. No influence on performance detected. 29 out of 30 successful fast reboots.
UPDATE: This solution with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is less stable than casual OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi. But I've replaced VBox-HFS-64.efi to HFSPlus.efi. Also I recommend you to make sure that all your hard drives especially HFS+ hard drives are checked as "OK" in disc utility. Not the partition(but they are too)!! But the drive itself to support Core Storage. There is no fix if the problem occur but to reformat it again. Disk utility in 10.12.2 says that you have to Recovery HD and try to launch Disk Utility, but Disk Utility in Recovery HD will say the same...

Set #2:
Asus Rampage Gene IV + Intel Core i7 4930x + ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro (will replace to some cheap Nvidia soon) + 32 GB Samsung DDR3 1600 MHz. Integrated Intel ethernet adapter 82579v with AppleIntelE1000e.kext with FixLAN option in Clover in DSDT section. No audio yet, just bought it. Will be looking forward to get working Realtek ALC899 codec with AppleHDA.kext.
This is my server, so I don't push to get better audio or graphics. Hope there will be no issues with high loaded network.

Solution:
Read above for details: make sure that all drives are okay with Disk Utility in macOS Sierra, replace VBoxHFS-64.efi to HFSPlus.efi. OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi is less stable to my sight than OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi.

Last edited:
I have the fix for this! Not sure if you've already seen it in my thread you responded to earlier, but here's how to fix this.

Download EFI Mounter, select the correct disk (it will tell you what number your system disk is, so just match the first digit from the list) and mount the EFI partition. Open it up, and go to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (some users might have OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi), and replace it with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi file from this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnaU53Z1F6Qm5OeXM/view?pref=2&pli=1

I just tried this and it seemed to solve the issue.

WOW, man, many thanks. I had same problem, 1 times of 3 I could boot without error and audio worked only if boot was successfull on first atempt! And this solved all my issues!

Last edited:
Use Legency clover Instead using UEFI clover

I have the fix for this! Not sure if you've already seen it in my thread you responded to earlier, but here's how to fix this.

Download EFI Mounter, select the correct disk (it will tell you what number your system disk is, so just match the first digit from the list) and mount the EFI partition. Open it up, and go to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (some users might have OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi), and replace it with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi file from this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnaU53Z1F6Qm5OeXM/view?pref=2&pli=1

I just tried this and it seemed to solve the issue.

You deserve a medal. Took me from restarting 5-9 times just to get it to boot to boot straightaway (with an occasional error, but much less now). Thanks! :clap::clap::clap:

Hello,

I Had the same problem, prohibited sign again and again.
I tried lot of kexts/config.

Now it's working fine for me :
I have re-installed properly the system, used multibeast for some drivers, UPDATED BIOS (with some memory compatibility problems resolved), and it's working fine !

EDIT :

I Forgot to say that I use a MSI Z170A PRO, an I5 6600, an INTEL SSD 535 Series 480 Go, and 2 x 8 Go RAM DDR4 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX

Hello,

I Had the same problem, prohibited sign again and again.
I tried lot of kexts/config.

Now it's working fine for me :
I have re-installed properly the system, used multibeast for some drivers, UPDATED BIOS (with some memory compatibility problems resolved), and it's working fine !

EDIT :

I Forgot to say that I use a MSI Z170A PRO, an I5 6600, an INTEL SSD 535 Series 480 Go, and 2 x 8 Go RAM DDR4 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX

Is CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67?

Unfortunately, it seems to not work.
I just had some luck, and then it stopped.

Is CsrActiveConfig set to 0x67?

CsrActive config is untouched, and I'm afraid to try again this kext/config.plist modifications. Last time my hackintosh
was in a reboot loop ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back