Contribute
Register

Boot failure Sometime (Prohibited sign / Couldn't allocate runtime area)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exact same problem with this setup:

MSI Z170A Krait Gaming
Intel i7-6700
4x 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport LT
Samsung 850 Pro 256 Gb SSD

I have the fix for this! Not sure if you've already seen it in my thread you responded to earlier, but here's how to fix this.

Download EFI Mounter, select the correct disk (it will tell you what number your system disk is, so just match the first digit from the list) and mount the EFI partition. Open it up, and go to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (some users might have OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi), and replace it with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi file from this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnaU53Z1F6Qm5OeXM/view?pref=2&pli=1

I just tried this and it seemed to solve the issue.

I had this same problem.
I follow this tip and apparently resolved.

the problem continues, the system sometimes works, but again had the same problem.

The free2000 one resolved this for me, too - MSI Z170A Gaming M5

I have the fix for this! Not sure if you've already seen it in my thread you responded to earlier, but here's how to fix this.

Download EFI Mounter, select the correct disk (it will tell you what number your system disk is, so just match the first digit from the list) and mount the EFI partition. Open it up, and go to EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder, remove the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi (some users might have OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi), and replace it with the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi file from this link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2-g_coTRnPnaU53Z1F6Qm5OeXM/view?pref=2&pli=1

I just tried this and it seemed to solve the issue.
MSI H170 Gaming 3
I5-6400
2x8G Kingston 2133
Samsung EVO 850 250G

Work for me too. I additionally replaced VBoxHfs.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Confirmed Working for me! I'm running 10.11.6 on a Z170x UD5 TH motherboard. The only separate issue remaining for me is no audio (1150)...

I had this issue suddenly show up after months of trouble-free Customac. Took me a while to realise that I'd tried enabling the onboard intel graphics as I was trying to plug into a VGA-only projector without a DVI-VGA adapter. Disabling the onboard graphics in bios fixed this immediately for me.

Disabling the onboard graphics in bios fixed this immediately for me.

Dang, well that might be the fix I've been looking for all this time! The "solution" that I proposed earlier ended up not working for me in the long run, but digging into the BIOS confirmed that sure enough, my integrated graphics had been re-enabled at some point. So strange that it causes inconsistent boot-ups.

Anyway, THANKS! Done a couple reboots with zero problems so far.

Dang, well that might be the fix I've been looking for all this time! The "solution" that I proposed earlier ended up not working for me in the long run, but digging into the BIOS confirmed that sure enough, my integrated graphics had been re-enabled at some point. So strange that it causes inconsistent boot-ups.

Anyway, THANKS! Done a couple reboots with zero problems so far.

Use OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv2 and set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back