Contribute
Register

Boot Fails on Skylake 530 graphics load - only using DVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 3471
CPU
i3-9100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Looking for advice for a strange graphics issue.
Using Intel 530, and DVI, under Sierra, worked as expected. I've now updated to High Sierra 10.13.1 and boot fails towards the end (when graphics glitch is usually apparent during successful boot). The fail manifests as loss of signal, screen says it's powering down, then 10 seconds later machine reboots. Curiously, it works fine when I use HDMI rather than DVI. I see the graphics glitch here, and continues loading. Also works with DVI when overriding graphics ID with x12345678.
I can continue to use HDMI, but it creates a separate issue, namely that the machine restarts after shutdown autonomously (always has, even under Sierra).
I never have gotten sleep to work.

If you have thoughts about getting Intel 530 to load correctly using DVI, I'd be pleased. I have tried three different machine IDs - 14,2 and 17,1 and 8,2 with same behavior.

Also updated to most recent kexts Intelgraphicsfix and Lilu (1.2). Did not change behavior.

The same issue I'm facing right now. Made a thread about this too as well but they say it's a issue with your VGA adaptor as it is not supported. Happened with DVI as well lol

Looks like there is some issue with clover configurations.

Looking for advice for a strange graphics issue.
Using Intel 530, and DVI, under Sierra, worked as expected. I've now updated to High Sierra 10.13.1 and boot fails towards the end (when graphics glitch is usually apparent during successful boot). The fail manifests as loss of signal, screen says it's powering down, then 10 seconds later machine reboots. Curiously, it works fine when I use HDMI rather than DVI. I see the graphics glitch here, and continues loading. Also works with DVI when overriding graphics ID with x12345678.
I can continue to use HDMI, but it creates a separate issue, namely that the machine restarts after shutdown autonomously (always has, even under Sierra).
I never have gotten sleep to work.

If you have thoughts about getting Intel 530 to load correctly using DVI, I'd be pleased. I have tried three different machine IDs - 14,2 and 17,1 and 8,2 with same behavior.

Also updated to most recent kexts Intelgraphicsfix and Lilu (1.2). Did not change behavior.

Probably due to DVI is linked to 0306 port 7, use ig-platform-id 0x193B0005, all port work.

The same issue I'm facing right now. Made a thread about this too as well but they say it's a issue with your VGA adaptor as it is not supported. Happened with DVI as well lol

Looks like there is some issue with clover configurations.

Indeed, SKL VGA port work from 10.12.x and up, just need correct ig-platform-id 0x193B0005.

See below link for detail.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-high-sierra-not-working-on-intel-530-hd.238263/page-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back