CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
AMD RX570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just tried to install the new combo update to 10.10.4 from 10.10.3.

I'm not unable to to boot at all. I get to the Clover screen and select an OS. If I set verbose flag on the boot option I get the attached screen which looks like something called FIPS is failing. A couple of lines after this the CPU halts and the machine turns off and I can get no further in the boot process.

Screen Shot 2015-07-08 at 00.07.04.png

I just tried to install the new combo update to 10.10.4 from 10.10.3.

I'm not unable to to boot at all. I get to the Clover screen and select an OS. If I set verbose flag on the boot option I get the attached screen which looks like something called FIPS is failing. A couple of lines after this the CPU halts and the machine turns off and I can get no further in the boot process.

View attachment 143353

• No Motherboard Make and Model under your log-in name !
  • Text on uploaded screen image too small to read

Please edit Profile>Basic Information> System: [Motherboard Make & Model & BIOS version] NOT anything else like the Operating System [ it is obvious, all postings here are about Yosemite Desktop problems! Profile is on top RIGHT of this page.

Please upload all verbose boot screens to the Forum through Attachments tool right here on the Tool bar
Thank you.

• No Motherboard Make and Model under your log-in name !
  • Text on uploaded screen image too small to read

Please edit Profile>Basic Information> System: [Motherboard Make & Model & BIOS version] NOT anything else like the Operating System [ it is obvious, all postings here are about Yosemite Desktop problems! Profile is on top RIGHT of this page.

Please upload all verbose boot screens to the Forum through Attachments tool right here on the Tool bar
Thank you.

Thank you. I saw your Hardware details.

Did you have any computer freeze before the update? If that is the case I suspect a RAM problem.

Check your RAM for any defective or failing RAM or socket problem.
memtest86+
running Livelinux CD is the easiest in my experience to test RAM failure. It does not require installation. It is free to download and create using a Flash drive or Burn on to a Disc.

Thank you. I saw your Hardware details.

Did you have any computer freeze before the update? If that is the case I suspect a RAM problem.

Check your RAM for any defective or failing RAM or socket problem.
memtest86+
running Livelinux CD is the easiest in my experience to test RAM failure. It does not require installation. It is free to download and create using a Flash drive or Burn on to a Disc.

This is the system in question.
Povo Mac Mini
Gigabyte GA-B75N - Pentium G2020 - GeForce GT 610 - Corsair 4gb Vengance DDR3 RAM.

I'm not aware that there was a freeze before the update. I'll try testing the RAM to see if that's the issue.

:crazy: If it's broken RAM then I'm confused how reinstalling OS X will fix my system not booting?

I don't think that it is related with RAM.

If you are believing that it is related with RAM, then swap the RAMs or try with one piece of RAM or try with another RAM. So that will be able to confirm whether it is a RAM issue or not.

I don't think that it is related with RAM.

If you are believing that it is related with RAM, then swap the RAMs or try with one piece of RAM or try with another RAM. So that will be able to confirm whether it is a RAM issue or not.

I doubt it is the RAM either, just going offer previous posters suggestions.

So I can learn from my mistakes, any one know why an update would cause this error?

I followed the guide for updating, repair permissions, use combo update etc.

I doubt it is the RAM either, just going offer previous posters suggestions.

So I can learn from my mistakes, any one know why an update would cause this error?

I followed the guide for updating, repair permissions, use combo update etc.

Everything you may be have done correctly. The issue may be because of the Pentium CPU. Better stay with 10.10.3. The new update may be not fully compatible with the CPU. I don't have pentium cpu for testing it.

Download 10.10.4 Yosemite Installation Package and try a fresh installation with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back