Graphics
NVIDIA GK104 2048 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all - pretty excited about building this Hackintosh, put it together no problem and launching OSX after install got me pretty happy. But I've been encountering some hangups since then after running Multibeast and rebooting, and it'd be great if some of you seasoned vets could point me in the right direction.

System specs - (mostly followed CustoMac build 4)
GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Intel i7 2600k Processor
GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870
16gb of DDR3

Following some initial guides had my system hitting the Kernal Panic, so I followed this DSDT guide in order to update from my retail SL (10.6.3) to 10.6.8. And now I'm stuck on the Apple grey screen.

Just for the record:
Bios is config'd correctly.
Only 4gb of Memory is in
Using on-board video via VGA (putting video card in and booting from HD goes to gray screen, then blacks out screen and does nothing. Computer stays on) Also tried 2 different VGA-to-DVI connectors. Not sure what to try next...

Chimera is installed but I don't know how that can help. Any additional diagnostics I can do to help troubleshoot, please let me know.

Many, many thanks in advance ;)

*SOLVED - Needed to change Graphics Enabler to Off for ATI board ;)*
Setup reported working with Sound, network, and full accelerated graphics. Sweet deal!

Re: Boot Fail - Gray Apple Screen after MultiBeast

I won't go as far as giving pointers here, bud did you start your OS X partition using the command "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" ? In my, albeit short, experience, it seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the quick response, however didn't seem to work. Going to do the whole process over to see if maybe I missed a step. Praying to baby jesus it works.

-Found that my HPET wasn't set to 64bit (oops!), I was sure this would fix the problem as I was loading a 64bit Apple Loading Screen out of MultiBeast, instead I got a kernal panic.

Attached is an image of that, and below is the -v log information from iBoot

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL54UV6_yvY[/VIDEO]

-Should I try changing the Bios firmware? (Using F9, current is F12)
-Does the Mac profile you choose out of MultiBeast make a difference depending on your hardware?
-I'm using a vga monitor to the onboard, doubt it's an issue though...

Guess I'll keep trying...

Attachments

• 079.JPG
    079.JPG
    347.7 KB · Views: 386
I have the exact same build and the exact same problem
Iboot works great, run the update combo to 10.6.8 (with the update helper), get every thing to work fine as long as i boot from ibott, network usb everything works.
But any attempt to install the boot loader, dsdt or easy beast result in a kernel panic or endless reboot, tried installing chimera alone.
My boars came with f4, updated it to f11, no difference.

And since every attempt makes the system unbootable (no vebose or safe mode) it means starting from scratch every time, starting to drive me mad.

If anyone can help

EDIT

it is solved
as stated
*SOLVED - Needed to change Graphics Enabler to Off for ATI board *
Setup reported working with Sound, network, and full accelerated graphics. Sweet deal!

but i apparently also have a defect stick of ram, after trying everything else i switched it out and retried this, worked like a charm, but after installing all the ram, or only the one i had first, problems came back

I am having the same issue with very simular set up. Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, i5, 4gig ram, Asus AMD HD 6670, 500 gig HD, and light scribe dvd drive.

I can reboot after running update helper, however, after i do Combo Update and then Run Multibeast and try to boot off hard drive and it freezes on the apple gray screen after the reboot. I was unable to find where to change the graphics enabler from ATI to off.. Where is that option in BIOS? Hope yall can help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back