Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello community,

I'm in need of some advise:

After successfully starting the installation of OS X via UniBeast USB Drive, I cannot finish it: After the reboot, the system doesn't load OS X from the installation-partition. I just see the grey apple screen with scrolling wheel.

My System:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K
2* G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1600 RipjawsX
Crucial M4 64GB
Chieftec GPS-550AB A

20130327_173437.jpg

I'm a bit confused. Thought the i5-3570K is supported.... However, is there a possibility to run my system?

Thank you very much for your help!
Artaiuss

Thanks for your answer. I've tried both VGA and HDMI.

Unfortunately, not. This user describes two other problems.

Hello community,

I'm in need of some advise:

After successfully starting the installation of OS X via UniBeast USB Drive, I cannot finish it: After the reboot, the system doesn't load OS X from the installation-partition. I just see the grey apple screen with scrolling wheel.

My System:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K
2* G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1600 RipjawsX
Crucial M4 64GB
Chieftec GPS-550AB A

View attachment 51047

I'm a bit confused. Thought the i5-3570K is supported.... However, is there a possibility to run my system?

Thank you very much for your help!
Artaiuss

Looks like a perfectly normal boot to me. I see this every time I boot a Z77 board with an i5 3570K.
You are using the onboard HD4000, yes?
What it is hanging on is the gfx initialization. Try booting with -v npci=0x3000 and post results.

Looks like a perfectly normal boot to me. I see this every time I boot a Z77 board with an i5 3570K.
What it is hanging on is the gfx initialization. Try booting with -v npci=0x3000 and post results.

Artaiuiss

If Going Bald suggest is not working try this '-v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000"
You can also try it as "-v PCIRootUID=0" this is referenced in the doc.

You do need to have some items in the BIOS set - the AHCI S3
for USB enable legacy USB support, for Video you need to set the display to IGP (Internal) not Both or PEG and the ram for video should be 64 megs.
then see how it goes w the command switches. take pic and post back.

PS - also if you have issues the power managment which shows itself as the Apple ACPI in the screen and you think or it KP (kernel Panic) at that location you can add the switch "acpi=off" and this will turn it off ...

tote

Thank you both very much for your help!

Yes, I'm using the HD4000 via HDMI.
Going.jpg

Artaiuiss

If Going Bald suggest is not working try this '-v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000"
You can also try it as "-v PCIRootUID=0" this is referenced in the doc.

You do need to have some items in the BIOS set - the AHCI S3
for USB enable legacy USB support, for Video you need to set the display to IGP (Internal) not Both or PEG and the ram for video should be 64 megs.
then see how it goes w the command switches. take pic and post back.

PS - also if you have issues the power managment which shows itself as the Apple ACPI in the screen and you think or it KP (kernel Panic) at that location you can add the switch "acpi=off" and this will turn it off ...

tote

Great tote!

thanks to "-v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000" I could finish the installation and see the ordinary Apple desktop. Sadly, I cannot repeat this. Now, I just get this screen (or the scrolling wheel if I type anything)...Do you have any idea why?
3.jpg

Bios: AHCI, legacy USB support and video ram had been set. But the display can just be set to IGFX, PEG, PCI or Auto. Non of these settings works.

Where should I type "acpi=off"?

Thanks a lot

Great tote!

thanks to "-v PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000" I could finish the installation and see the ordinary Apple desktop. Sadly, I cannot repeat this. Now, I just get this screen (or the scrolling wheel if I type anything)...Do you have any idea why?
View attachment 51156

Bios: AHCI, legacy USB support and video ram had been set. But the display can just be set to IGFX, PEG, PCI or Auto. Non of these settings works.

Where should I type "acpi=off"?

Thanks a lot

Using HD4000 via HDMI, right? Set BIOS graphics to IGFX, set gfx memory to 64M and save
boot to the chimera timeout screen and hit a key to stop the timer
type in -v npci=0x3000 GraphicsMode=1920x1080x32 (could also try typing acpi=off at this point also)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back