Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> boot.efi error on reboot after successful upgrade Mojave to Catalina, Aorus Pro Wifi, Samsung 970 Nvme

Status
Not open for further replies.
@esafeddie I found the boot augment alcid=7 and rebooted... still no luck, still crackles. Forgot to mention that I'm using HDMI for audio/video. Tested the connection/cable on another rig and sounds fine.
Sorry man I am a complete noob when it comes to HDMI even though I have that choice also but never bothered to try HDMI and use the DVI connection instead.

To change Device Value for Audio open the config.plist with Clover Configurator and change the value as indicated in the example then save the change and reboot.

PS - Try changing to different values until sound is ok, maybe also try to find a setup to enable HDMI connection.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 17.13.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-08-28 at 17.13.15.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 73
Sorry to bother you guys, but I'm experiencing the same thing with Catalina 10.15.5. I'm using Clover in my W10 drive, not in my mac drive. At first I got "This version of Mac OS X is not supported - Reason: Mac-F42C88C8" error. Then, set in the " -no_compat_check " and end up with this problem - even tried to copy your EFI folders but still no boot. Any way to fix it?

I have the same problem Error: Aborted returned from boot.efi ,I try to fix that with the file zip folder EFI that esafeddie shere . but the same problem I see Blake screen with no login icon

@RogellParadox - shir266, Sorry guys but any EFI Folder I shared or post is strictly for the Gigabyte z390 Platform and no other so these folders would be absolutely useless for any other chipset and may cause harm to your board.
The best solution is to find someone with a similar setup to your own and try to formulate it as best as possible for your needs.

Sorry I am looking at the specs or lack of in your profiles so my assumption maybe wrong. If you're talking about the GA Z390 and need help or guidance, please furnish your profile with correct specs. You can also remove your personal data and upload your EFI Folder so that would make it easier for the help you seek.

Last edited:
Thanks

esafeddie yes i see that thanks for support ,i can't find any answer for the problem I have.​

Thanks

esafeddie yes i see that thanks for support ,i can't find any answer for the problem I have.​

Ok - Like I said I am guessing you're having this problem on a Z390 Gigabyte board, if I am correct what Bios version is it on also what GPU so that we can get an idea of what is going on.

The bios x79s-up5 ,version F4
Grafic card rx 5500 amd
Cpu i7 3.6ghz quad core

esafeddie,

thanks to your EFI.zip and detailed instructions I was able to solve a frustrating Catalina installation (boot.efi error) on a

Gigabyte GA-Z390M Rev. 1.0 Firmware F6J
Intel i7-9700k 3.6GHz
Intel UHD 630

With only small changes to fit my mobo, I now have a stable and fast Catalina build!

In the future I think I'll add a Radeon RX 580 (or similar) GPU, could you please give me directions on how to perform the upgrade?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back