Contribute
Register

Boot drive is not disk0 (and a GPU thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H rev.1.0
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've just done a fresh install following the 10.13 guide. I installed the system onto an SSD and then afterward connected another drive to the motherboard and erased it. The second storage drive is showing up as disk0, above the boot drive. Is this a problem? Should I start over or let it go?

Also, after installing the NVIDIA web drivers, the resolution is reading as it should but the screen looks just SLIGHTLY squished horizontally—for example, the Apple logo is just a little taller than it should be. It's sort of hard to spot if you don't know what you're looking for, but I'm a graphic designer so I kind of notice this stuff (and need it to be right).

I've just done a fresh install following the 10.13 guide. I installed the system onto an SSD and then afterward connected another drive to the motherboard and erased it. The second storage drive is showing up as disk0, above the boot drive. Is this a problem? Should I start over or let it go?

A non-issue.
BSD drive identifiers are non-deterministic.

A non-issue.
BSD drive identifiers are non-deterministic.

Cool, thanks. I figured I was being paranoid but it felt worth asking since I alsooooo can't mount the EFI partition on either of them using Terminal or Clover Configurator.

Also, after installing the NVIDIA web drivers, the resolution is reading as it should but the screen looks just SLIGHTLY squished horizontally—for example, the Apple logo is just a little taller than it should be. It's sort of hard to spot if you don't know what you're looking for, but I'm a graphic designer so I kind of notice this stuff (and need it to be right).
The second storage drive is showing up as disk0, above the boot drive.

• It shouldn't be a problem if you can make Boot priority in the BIOS Features such that the SSD on which you have installed macOS High Sierra is made to boot as the first boot device in Boot Options Priority list. You can Dbl-click the disk0 that is NOT the System disk and from the drop down options click on "Disabled " (at the bottom of the list)
  • Another option is to switch the SATA cable to make System Disk as Boot 0.
  • Finally you can make sure by pressing the hotkey for boot menu (F12) to select the really true System disk from the listed options to open Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen.

If you are sure it is not related to installed kext, it must be a problem of the Monitor. Use the Monitor's OSD controls to see if you can fix the display problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back