NVIDIA GTX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I believe hackintoshes everywhere would greatly benefit from Chimera automatically setting the default boot OS to the last booted OS. Currently it instead defaults to booting OS X period.

This feature would be very similar to how Boot Camp operates, minus needing to hold down Option upon boot in order to change OSes.

In short, if I restarted my PC from Windows, then Chimera should auto-boot into my Windows partition. If I stop the auto-boot by pressing the left arrow to select my OS X partition instead, then my next restart should auto-boot into OS X unless I press the right arrow to boot into Windows.

Seconded! I'd kill for this. It's really annoying to hit reboot, wander off from the pc to wait, and then accidentally boot into the wrong os.

hi guys ,edit the org.chameleon boot plist in the extra folder at the timeout ,the string underneath change to 0 from 2 or whatever is there it will now go straight to the boot screen and hold until you select what os to boot to ,chimera is a boot loader it will always go to the first boot drive on the system so will not do what you want .

I'm actually inclined to think it should be the opposite - the only time I reboot is when I'm switching OSes, so I would think it should just switch automatically. But that's just me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back