Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi, i wanna try Boot Camp Assistant and install Windows 7 but i got this error message

Code:
Boot Camp Assistant cannot be used.

You must update your computer's Boot ROM
firmware before using this setup assistant

what should i do?

JasonTechie said:
hi, i wanna try Boot Camp Assistant and install Windows 7 but i got this error message

Code:

what should i do?

Bootcamp does not work with a hackintosh. Best is to get another HD to install Windows on. You trying to install Win7 or XP? There are multiple threads on dual booting and multiple booting - one at least quad boot. The forum search fucntion can find them for you.

Going Bald said:
JasonTechie said:

Code:

what should i do?

Bootcamp does not work with a hackintosh. Best is to get another HD to install Windows on. You trying to install Win7 or XP? There are multiple threads on dual booting and multiple booting - one at least quad boot. The forum search fucntion can find them for you.

i want to install Windows 7 :)

but i guess i'll install it on my 2nd HDD to avoid conflict on my OS X :)

btw, how can i boot to my OS X (1st HDD) after i installed Windows 7 (2nd HDD)

should i press F11 on my keyboard to load Boot Menu Selection then select HDD1 if i want to use Mac OS X else select HDD2 for Windows 7? am i correct or there is another way?

JasonTechie said:
Going Bald said:
JasonTechie said:

Code:

what should i do?

i want to install Windows 7 :)

but i guess i'll install it on my 2nd HDD to avoid conflict on my OS X :)

btw, how can i boot to my OS X (1st HDD) after i installed Windows 7 (2nd HDD)

should i press F11 on my keyboard to load Boot Menu Selection then select HDD1 if i want to use Mac OS X else select HDD2 for Windows 7? am i correct or there is another way?

You can install VMware on OS X Snow Leopard and run Windows within it but not Bootcamp directly.

I have Windows 7 installed on a 2nd hard drive and can reach it through VMware without having to restart and boot into Windows from the Chameleon Menu.

beelzebozo said:
You can install VMware on OS X Snow Leopard and run Windows within it but not Bootcamp directly.

I have Windows 7 installed on a 2nd hard drive and can reach it through VMware without having to restart and boot into Windows from the Chameleon Menu.

can you prove a guide on how to install Windows 7 using 2nd HDD and after installing Windows 7 the steps on how to boot on Mac OS X (1st HDD) and Windows (2nd HDD)

i don't want to use VMware cuz my RAM is only 2GB.

JasonTechie said:
beelzebozo said:

can you prove a guide on how to install Windows 7 using 2nd HDD and after installing Windows 7 the steps on how to boot on Mac OS X (1st HDD) and Windows (2nd HDD)

Install OS X on HD, update and get working 100%. Done that, yes?
Shut down, install Win7 to be HD and connect to AHCI port.
Disconnect OS X HD.
Install Win7. Install security suite. Run Windows Update. Shut down.
Reconnect OS X drive.
Boot into BIOS, make OS X HD first in HD Boot Order. F10 to save and exit. Continue boot.
Hit any key at chameleon screen to select OS to boot to.

Going Bald said:
JasonTechie said:
beelzebozo said:

Install OS X on HD, update and get working 100%. Done that, yes?
Shut down, install Win7 to be HD and connect to AHCI port.
Disconnect OS X HD.
Install Win7. Install security suite. Run Windows Update. Shut down.
Reconnect OS X drive.
Boot into BIOS, make OS X HD first in HD Boot Order. F10 to save and exit. Continue boot.
Hit any key at chameleon screen to select OS to boot to.

many thanks for the guide :)

OR!!!

boot medium --> disk utility --> two partition One partiton format to mac and two parition format to exfat --> instal mac os x --> boot windows medium and istall to partition two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back