Contribute
Register

Boot by default on the 2nd OSX partition of my disk ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pct

Motherboard
HP Elitebook 840 G6
CPU
i5-8365U
Graphics
UHD 620
Hi all,

I have a 2Tb disk with first partition running Lion, second with Mountain Lion and third with data:
htpc:~ phil$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Lion73 80.0 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_HFS ML10.8.1 80.0 GB disk0s3
4: Apple_HFS MacData2To 1.8 TB disk0s4
htpc:~ phil$

For the time being, I am booting by default on my first OSX partition hd(0,2).

Now I would like to boot by default on the Moutain Lion (hd0,3), without selecting it in the menu (which is working if I add "Instant Menu" to yes in org.chameleon.boot.plist of Lion/Extra.)

So I tried to put "default partition" to "hd(0,3)" in org.chameleon.boot.plist on Lion/Extra (my first OSX partition as Chimera is still reading this file first, no?)
but my hackintosh still display Lion as the default partition and boot on it.

What's wrong ?

Second question: when I choose the ML partition in the menu, then Chimera re-read the org.chameleon.boot.plist of the ML partition ?

Thanks

Boot from EFI partition ???

I do not want to start a new thread because my problem is close to this.

My mother board EFI BIOS (GA-B75-D3V) gives me a feature to boot directly from an UEFI (GPT) partition. If I set this in the boot priority list, no action is taken. The Chimera boots only when the specified HD is selected as "a whole".

Is there some way to configure the boot0, boot1h or any other of them to cooperate with this "EFI" BIOS? Is the EFI boot sequence somewhat standardized?

The last quiestion concerns the Chimera sniffer which scans for the other bootable partitions. In the same machine I have the dual boot MSwin7/DebianLinux HD with Grub2 bootloader. But Chimera recognizes MSwin7 only for the boot alternate. By some mistake it shows also a FAT Data partition on the same HD, as the SnowLeopard is, for boot.

Is it too complicated to teach the Chimera the correct boot map on my machine?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back