4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
- I re-installed Catalina fresh [again] from Unibeast USB.
- After booting to Catalina I used Hackintool to install kexts.
- Booted to actual Catalina drive (as opposed to USB)
- Boot process went half the way through progress bar, screen flashed indicating loading graphics (AMD Radeon RX 570 Pulse), then Black Screen... goes nowhere!
- Tried booting clover by deselecting Radeon at the config screen, booted... same exact results.

Any ideas... advice?

Thanks much!

BTW... I did not use WhateverGreen kext because I was told I did not really need it. Would that cause point of graphics loading at boot to fail?

I used the latest version of Hackintool. I currently have a Skylake 6600K processor

When I used Hackintool it was showing several kexts already installed such as Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC, etc. How could this be considering I had not even installed any kexts or used Hackintool yet? Does Hackintool provide certain kexts automatically?

BTW... I did not use WhateverGreen kext because I was told I did not really need it. Would that cause point of graphics loading at boot to fail?

I used the latest version of Hackintool. I currently have a Skylake 6600K processor

When I used Hackintool it was showing several kexts already installed such as Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC, etc. How could this be considering I had not even installed any kexts or used Hackintool yet? Does Hackintool provide certain kexts automatically?

You do need Whatevergreen.kext along with Lilu.kext to avoid the black-creen at boot.

It depends on where those other kexts are. There are copies on the UniBeast for Catalina installer drive.

You do need Whatevergreen.kext along with Lilu.kext to avoid the black-creen at boot.

It depends on where those other kexts are. There are copies on the UniBeast for Catalina installer drive.
Thanks...

Will those other kexts interfere with the same ones I choose for installing?

Thanks...

Will those other kexts interfere with the same ones I choose for installing?

Not if they are on the UniBeast drive, no.

Not if they are on the UniBeast drive, no.
Well, they almost have to be on the Unibeast installer because I could not find them on the drive.

Thanks a lot for your help!

** UPDATE **

The Whatevergreen.kext solved the problem. Everything seems to be working normally now after Hackintool kext install and reboot. WiFi, internet, Audio, Graphics, etc. * YES! *

Have not tried Messages.app, etc. yet. So far, so good on major functions.

Thanks much for the help, UtterDisbelief.

BTW, I like the Clover screen (theme) GUI on my boot USB. How do I get that same Clover boot USB Theme (black bgrd., very vivid drive icons, etc.) for my actual drive Clover screen? Not absolutely necessary... I just really like the USB Clover boot Theme.

Thanks, again

* Are we responsible for marking a thread <solved> or do the OPs do that? *

** UPDATE **

The Whatevergreen.kext solved the problem. Everything seems to be working normally now after Hackintool kext install and reboot. WiFi, internet, Audio, Graphics, etc. * YES! *

Have not tried Messages.app, etc. yet. So far, so good on major functions.

Thanks much for the help, UtterDisbelief.

BTW, I like the Clover screen (theme) GUI on my boot USB. How do I get that same Clover boot USB Theme (black bgrd., very vivid drive icons, etc.) for my actual drive Clover screen? Not absolutely necessary... I just really like the USB Clover boot Theme.

Thanks, again

* Are we responsible for marking a thread <solved> or do the OPs do that? *

Good news :thumbup:

For the theme you can either copy the Themes folder from the UniBeast drive EFI to your main drive, or you can check if the one you want is in the MultiBeast customisation options (I haven't checked for that one.) Then edit config.plist to use it.

:)

Good news :thumbup:

For the theme you can either copy the Themes folder from the UniBeast drive EFI to your main drive, or you can check if the one you want is in the MultiBeast customisation options (I haven't checked for that one.) Then edit config.plist to use it.

:)
Great! Really like that Theme.

So, IS there a way for users to mark a post <solved>, or is that something only you OPs do? If we do it, then I'm only trying to save you Op peeps some extra work by doing it myself when solved.

Thanks

** UPDATE **

Figured out the <SOLVED> thing. Wasn't accessible when I tried to mark a post SOLVED previously because I didn't realize I was logged out of the forum. DOH!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back