Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, you did it direct from the appstore?
Yes. That's really the only way to get macOS updates & upgrades legally.

I just updated to Catalina. So far so good. I updated the following:
- Updated Clover to 4961 from Tonymac Clover builds​
- Updated to newest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts​
Then I installed. It took a while, and that booted me into Black Screen. I had to load up a backup, and edit my Clover parameters. I added the following to my Clover config.plist:
- Inject ATI under the Graphics Section​
- agdpmod=pikera as a boot argument​

Now all is good. I will report back any problems.

BruceX Test dropped from 15 secs to 10 secs.
Hi njcoons and BoomR,
I'm following your stepts for my mojave update, after the Catalina installation, when the system is loading and almost completed, appears in my screen a few purples lines, and suddenly the screen turns into black and don't recieve signals from the computer.
Then I reboot from a backup and make the modifications on my conflig.plist.
But the problem continues.
would you know what happen?
I reviewed all the stepts and all looks good :(

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1748.PNG
    IMG_1748.PNG
    229.3 KB · Views: 58
Hi njcoons and BoomR,
I'm following your stepts for my mojave update, after the Catalina installation, when the system is loading and almost completed, appears in my screen a few purples lines, and suddenly the screen turns into black and don't recieve signals from the computer.
Then I reboot from a backup and make the modifications on my conflig.plist.
But the problem continues.
would you know what happen?
I reviewed all the stepts and all looks good :(

Thanks in advance
What happened when you tried the instructions from posts #361 & #362 (above)?

What happened when you tried the instructions from posts #361 & #362 (above)?
Yes and I have the same problem,
any ideas?
What BIOS version you have installed? I'm on F12.
Maybe the best option is do a new fresh Install from Mojave, update it to last version and then upgrade to Catalina, what do you think?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 09.43.43.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 09.43.43.png
    491.2 KB · Views: 78
Yes and I have the same problem,
any ideas?
What BIOS version you have installed? I'm on F12.
Maybe the best option is do a new fresh Install from Mojave, update it to last version and then upgrade to Catalina, what do you think?
Sadly, I'm not going to be a lot of help right now. I've actually done another "PowerUp" to this build, and now have Gigabyte Z490 VISION D motherboard, and i9-10850K processor. Hopefully someone else here can chime in to provide some insights for you. IMHO, I've always had the best success (up to now) by simply doing a clean install of the new OS vs. upgrading.

Have the same build, but I'm having some problems trying to update.
My system is rebooting after a couple settings of update.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sadly, I'm not going to be a lot of help right now. I've actually done another "PowerUp" to this build, and now have Gigabyte Z490 VISION D motherboard, and i9-10850K processor. Hopefully someone else here can chime in to provide some insights for you. IMHO, I've always had the best success (up to now) by simply doing a clean install of the new OS vs. upgrading.
Thanks for your help and for your build, helps me a lot in my work.
Looking forward for your new "PowerUp".

Mate, my CPU is overheating when using some programs, exporting stuff and forcing it.
Is there something that you would recommend me to do?

Mate, my CPU is overheating when using some programs, exporting stuff and forcing it.
Is there something that you would recommend me to do?
There's a lot to be said for getting some REALLY good thermal paste, and do your research on the best water cooling system you can afford... and if you're OC'ing, don't try & push it to the point of breaking when your everyday use for those kinds of apps....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back