Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest BIOS for the Z370XP SLI is the F12b, and most likely does not work, as happened to me with the F13b on the Z370 Ultra Gaming, and to others who tried to install the latest F##b version.
In your case I suggest you try the F8: this version, together with an SSDT should enable the Thunderbolt hotplug also in your MB
Thanks for the suggestion. My Hack is once again stable and rocking a great Geekbench score, as well as reliably connecting to TB so I'm going to leave well enough alone. BIOS version F12b is beta code BTW, so technically not the latest officially supported firmware.

Hello to the Z370 UG Hackintosh community!

New F13 bios (no more "b") but still the same pb. For me it's due to the NVMe i think. But why...?

Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien! (The best is the enemy of good!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone has the 10.14.6 update running smoothly?
I've not tried 10.14.6 yet...that was my plan for last weekend... but then the wheels fell off the little red wagon.... :(

I just updated to Catalina. So far so good. I updated the following:
- Updated Clover to 4961 from Tonymac Clover builds​
- Updated to newest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts​
Then I installed. It took a while, and that booted me into Black Screen. I had to load up a backup, and edit my Clover parameters. I added the following to my Clover config.plist:
- Inject ATI under the Graphics Section​
- agdpmod=pikera as a boot argument​

Now all is good. I will report back any problems.

BruceX Test dropped from 15 secs to 10 secs.

Last edited:
Update. All is stable, but ran into problems with DRM and the new Apple TV+ app. It would black screen movies I had already purchased. Found this fix....

I had to compile newest whatevergreenkext version 1.3.5 and use following boot arguments:

shikigva=160 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Update. All is stable, but ran into problems with DRM and the new Apple TV+ app. It would black screen movies I had already purchased. Found this fix....

I had to compile newest whatevergreenkext version 1.3.5 and use following boot arguments:

shikigva=160 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Thanks for letting us know. A complete Catalina upgrade tutorial would be awesome!

I just updated to Catalina. So far so good. I updated the following:
- Updated Clover to 4961 from Tonymac Clover builds​
- Updated to newest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts​
Then I installed. It took a while, and that booted me into Black Screen. I had to load up a backup, and edit my Clover parameters. I added the following to my Clover config.plist:
- Inject ATI under the Graphics Section​
- agdpmod=pikera as a boot argument​

Now all is good. I will report back any problems.

BruceX Test dropped from 15 secs to 10 secs.
Hi, you did a new installation or did it on the Mojave version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back