Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain better for me?
I still trying to get sound back, since I updated to mojave I have no Audio devices neither.
When I go to IOReg and search for CodecDevice, I cant find it even If I follow the steps.
Do I need to reinstall my OS to get the AppleHDA native back or can I just use kextwizard to install the newest?
Need to work guys, Im stuck here, please help!
I got it.
After hours looping reinstalling audio I did it.
The problem was that I wasn't using Native Applehda.kext at S/L/E.
I used Pacifist and it was easy to get the native one, cleaned the config.plist Applehda kextpatches and installed again using MultiBeast.
Maybe this help someone.

I got it.
After hours looping reinstalling audio I did it.
The problem was that I wasn't using Native Applehda.kext at S/L/E.
I used Pacifist and it was easy to get the native one, cleaned the config.plist Applehda kextpatches and installed again using MultiBeast.
Maybe this help someone.

Great! i did not use UniBeast/Multibeast for my build so it's not so easy to explain sometimes.

Hi

It's completely normal because I had injected my own USB ports and I only have 2 USB3 front ports. You need to modify the kext. I did for the injection (very easy to do).

You'll need USBinjectAll.kext, IOJones for the analysis and something to edit the plist file. Look at this and try to translate the website. I did my own kext with this method.

Yello

I see. I used that website and tools to look into your kext file, and the two front USB 2 ports were marked as SS ports (USB 3). So I changed it to USB 2 by changing the name back to HS and the number 3 to 2. But they’re still not working.

Any suggestions?

Did you make the kext WITH the raise ports limit patch?

Yes I did. My HS13 and HS14 ports are the front USB 2 ports so I thought changing them to USB 2 in the plist editor should do the trick but nope...

EDIT:

So I got it finally fixed. Now all 4 front USB ports are working. The2.0 and the 3.0 ports are working with all USB devices with the 3.0 devices operating at full USB 3.0 speed.

Thanks a lot @yellocab . I got a fully 100% working Hackintosh thanks to you!

Last edited:
MOJAVE Update:
Sorry I’ve been AWOL for so long. I love my dayjob & getting to do some really cutting edge projects. But it definitely cuts into my CustoMac’ing! A few people have posted messages about upgrading from HS > Mojave. Honestly, I’ve never been one for doing an upgrade (installing new OS over an old one). I always take the time to do a fresh install. Over the years, I seem to have less issues/problems this way. SO, having said that - here’s the lowdown on a new Mojave install.

Completely wipe disk in Win10 (using Diskpart) so that I have the equivalent of a new drive right out of the sales package. I did a fresh Mojave install using Unibeast v9 for 10.14.1 (downloaded from the App store & built using my 2017 MBP 14,3). Normal install instructions per macOS 10.14.x guides posted here.

When install is complete, run new MultiBeast for Mojave. First time through, used these options for my hardware configuration (FakeSMC could be optional fwiw):
MultiBeast Mojave iMac18,3.png
Install. THEN, run MultiBeast again, selecting ONLY Drivers > Audio > AppleALC. Build > Install.

Next, I installed latest CodecCommander from RehabMan, using Kext Wizard (or your favorite kext installer), followed by fix permissions & rebuilt caches. Reboot.

Here’s the only hiccup: There seems to be some graphics-related issue in Mojave with both Preview (locks up when opening things like .png images), and FinalCut Pro (crashes on boot). To fix this:

1. Enable IGPU in UEFI. Even though I have the RX580, enabling the IGPU seem to be key in resolving this issue.
    -- UEFI/BIOS > Peripherals > Initial Display Output = PCIe1 slot
    -- UEFI/BIOS > Chipset > Internal Graphics = Enabled
  2. Launch Clover Configurator - mount your boot drive EFI partition, then open your config.plist
  3. Navigate to Graphics tab > ig-platform-id and choose this option:
    IG Platform ID.png
  4. (optional) Navigate to SMBIOS tab & re-select iMac18,3 - this populates more device information on this page.
  5. Save & close. Reboot.
That’s it… seriously!

What’s working? Everything (I think), just now starting to test. For sure:
--Audio working
--USB3 working
--No issues with Preview locking up
--No issues with FinalCut Pro crashing on boot

...and now to start catching up on posts that I've missed! If someone has already figured this out for Mojave and posted, thank you! If not, hope this helps!!
--B

Good guide !!!

I have a similar build with Mojave installed thanks to your guide and Stork's guide. I have a couple question that I hope you can help with:

1. Boot time for my system is slow (about a minute or more) with NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD. Do you have any idea how to tweak it ?

2. USB3 is working but I'm not sure if the speed is correct. Can you help confirm and provide tips to fix this issue ?

One more note, I did have issues with booting (black screen) and couldn't resolved. Out of desperation, I copied the clover directory fro the USB's EFI boot drive and was able to boot directly from SSD. Maybe that was the cause of the system loading everything ;-)

I'm attaching the config.plist and the screenshot of of system report for usb device connected to it.
Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 6.12.16 AM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.8 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
would you kindly post your efi folder here please?

Man, I'm sorry...
I didn't get notified or a ping. Do you still want an entire EFI folder for Mojave 10.14.2?

FWIW, I rolled my own Mojave onto an HFS+ volume and reverted back to iTunes 12.6.5.
I'm trying to work on the Thunderbolt hotplug SSDT, so that fix will not be in there, FYI...

If you enable iGPU, it will break iTunes videos with DRM. Another option to get Preview/Quick is to turn off iGPU and install NoVPAJpeg.kext in /Library/Extensions along with the latest Lilu and whateveryreen kext and still keep your sysdef to 14,2. Note, this will disable hardware rendering of jpeg and will use software rendering instead.

NoVPAJpeg can be found here -> https://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg/releases
My current sysdef is 18,3. Are you suggesting the above fix, but reverting to an older sysdef? (just curious)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back