Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
here

aVNCCca.png
Thank you @yellocab . That fixed the two front USB3 ports. However, the rear USB3 ports continue to have the issue where storage devices will NOT mount.

Hi all - this may seem like an ironic question, seeing as this build was designed for intensive video production; however, I'm wondering if this build would work adequately using the integrated graphics. I think it would be an excellent choice for a high-powered audio mixing rig, for which a graphics card may not be necessary. If anyone can provide insight into this topic, I would appreciate it.

Apologies if this has already been discussed in the previous pages!

Hi all!

First of all, thanks to BoomR for sharing your build and tips, it is really an awesome machine! Since 2011 you've been a source of inspiration for building my audio production rigs. So thanks a lot!

I'm thinking about upgrading my good old 3770k rig to something very similar to yours (8700k + AMD cards, but not sure about the mobo yet). The system will be used for Pro Tools + Cubase + FCPX.

Here comes my question: I'm not sure what will provide better FCPX performance, my chances are 2x Sapphire Pulse ITX RX570 4Gb versus one Sapphire Pulse RX580 8Gb.

The ITX RX570 have less power consumption and they are smaller and silent as well (I'll use a rack case in the studio), but in the other hand a single RX580 maybe provides the same or even better performance.

What do you think guys? Any ideas and/or suggestions?

Thanks again!

@BoomR Great build I just upgraded mine as I needed Tthunderbolt. I now have an ASUS Hero X MoBo in a box. But I also have the machine that I needed for video. I am late to this build and it looks like Audio is not working. However, everything else is. I am going to try what @Stork mentioned on page 24 of this forum.

Hello everyone,
Since is my first time hackintosh, I'm having the apple Logo frozen on my installation, just after "Boot MacOS installation" there's no load bar below the logo.
My build is pretty much the same from the post.
I'm installing with the 10.3.5 version of High Sierra, is this the reason?

Can someone give me some light?

Could anyone confirm for me that their apple "PHOTOS" app is running well, Mine is hanging (i think either converting video or facial recognition background tasks), I think it may have to do with memory, I have turned XMP on and off, there was a thread a few years ago about underclocking memory, but I think maybe I just need to buy different memory, so If someone with a large library could confirm its working, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Hello everyone,
Since is my first time hackintosh, I'm having the apple Logo frozen on my installation, just after "Boot MacOS installation" there's no load bar below the logo.
My build is pretty much the same from the post.
I'm installing with the 10.3.5 version of High Sierra, is this the reason?

Can someone give me some light?

I think you should just try again, you must have missed a step or setting, unfortunately, I think most people here upgraded to 10.3.5, I installed 10.3.4 directly and then upgraded, which went fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back