Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

can't even try to bench (Geekbench) my build with an 5 Ghz OC. The system crashes every times. At 4,7 Ghz it's very stable. (and 29200 with GeekBench MC)
I think this issue comes with my 3600Mhz Corsair.

I'm not a expert in OC and i just want to know the maximum bench. Don't need much power it's just for my own information.

Hi

i had some issues with a DDR4 G.Skill i bought to quickly (not really supported i guess). So i decided to buy 2x8 Corsair 3600Mhz (from the QVL these time). Before i sell the G.Skill i tried to plug them with the Corsair and i go up to 31600 with Geekbench! (4,8 Ghz). Now i want to buy 2 other Corsair... don't don't don't don't!

Hi

i had some issues with a DDR4 G.Skill i bought to quickly (not really supported i guess). So i decided to buy 2x8 Corsair 3600Mhz (from the QVL these time). Before i sell the G.Skill i tried to plug them with the Corsair and i go up to 31600 with Geekbench! (4,8 Ghz). Now i want to buy 2 other Corsair... don't don't don't don't!
I think the problem is the frequency, in fact I have 2x16Gb Corsair 3200MHz and with XMP active I get 29000 in MC (CPU @ 4.8), but if I set the frequency of ram @ 3000 I get 30000. Obviously with 4 banks of ram you still get a higher score.

Hi, I'm using Final Cut Pro 10.4 with macOS 10.13.4 using this build and I can't seem to export videos using h.264. I get an error with a failed export message. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Also, I get an "Unknown" processor name, is this fixable and does it affect performance in any way?

I'm kinda new to hackintosh, I'll appreciate it a lot if anyone can help me to solve this.

Thanks.

PS: I had a problem with my USB 3.0 ports not working, I fixed it using the dart=0 Argument in Clover's "Boot" tab. Hope it's useful for someone.

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 11.03.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 11.03.49 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 11.01.47 AM.png

I run 10.13.4 but made a clean install. I managed to screw up the sound with two different methods. Followed Toledas guide to undo and delete. Then boomers again. Tada!

I just formated and made a clean install. I followed BoomR's guide again, and no sound options.

PS: I formated again, I didn't install any audio driver. I'm gonna wait to see what are the steps. I also made a copy of AppleHDA.kext just in case. I don't want to fresh install again, i'm tired of it lol.

PS: Ok I installed the audio with AppleALC method and it works... jesus christ. They should update this guide :(

Last edited:
I have similar build

-GA-Z370 AORUS gaming 7
-i7 8700K
-Asus Radeon RX 580 8 GB
-16 GB 2998 MHz DDR4 (CMK16GX4M2B3000C15)
-H60 hydro
-evga 750w
-Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB
-Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
-WD Blue 4TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch

MACos HighSierra 10.13.3 (17D47)
FinalCut 10.4.1

When I work on Final Cut, next some minutes it's freeze and I force power off by button on case. What is?

Hi, I'm using Final Cut Pro 10.4 with macOS 10.13.4 using this build and I can't seem to export videos using h.264. I get an error with a failed export message. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Also, I get an "Unknown" processor name, is this fixable and does it affect performance in any way?

I'm kinda new to hackintosh, I'll appreciate it a lot if anyone can help me to solve this.

Thanks.

PS: I had a problem with my USB 3.0 ports not working, I fixed it using the dart=0 Argument in Clover's "Boot" tab. Hope it's useful for someone.

View attachment 327350
View attachment 327351
View attachment 327353

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-rx-vega-final-cut-h-264-fix.233067/

So I got the exact same build only I've got a GTX 1080 instead of a RX 580 card.

Problems I've got so far is that when XMP is enabled in BIOS and when I put my Hackintosh to sleep and it wakes, I always get the message that USB drives are not ejected properly.

Other problem I got so far is that front panel audio isn't working. Does anybody have a fix for this?

I just formated and made a clean install. I followed BoomR's guide again, and no sound options.

PS: I formated again, I didn't install any audio driver. I'm gonna wait to see what are the steps. I also made a copy of AppleHDA.kext just in case. I don't want to fresh install again, i'm tired of it lol.

PS: Ok I installed the audio with AppleALC method and it works... jesus christ. They should update this guide :(
Sorry to hear that BoomR's way didn't work for you. But glad that you found another solution. Yes, that AppleHDA is golden to have a copy of. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back