Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all

here is a link to my EFI folder. SMBIOS has been changed (serial number) and no UUID.

Dual Boot with Win10 on a SSD.
macOS is on un NVMe 960 evo

Remember that i did my hackintosh without Unibeast/Multibeast. (clean install from scratch) Hope it will help.

Hey pooks,

Thanks for you comment on the " The recovery server could not be contacted" issue. I am having the same problem with UniBeast 8.2. I don't seem to be able to find the download link to 8.1 anymore. Is it still available. Thanks a lot for helping a complete newbie.

Hey! Great guide.

I have the same CPU and Motherboard, but I do have only 16gb Kit Ram @ 2400 and a Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2gb OC, and even though I chose the Nvidia web drivers (same on MultiBeast), and fixed the version of the correct drivers with the script that is around this forum, I still have some lag and my benchmarks are not as good as yours.

How can I speed up my Mac? I completely believe it could be a little faster and not have lag like.. switching tabs on Chrome!

Thanks!

PS: I have this monitor https://www.benq.com/en-us/monitor/stylish/gw2765ht/specifications.html

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 1.22.24 AM.png

Last edited:
Get a m.2 ssd to run the OS. That will speed it up for sure.

Hey! Great guide.

I have the same CPU and Motherboard, but I do have only 16gb Kit Ram @ 2400 and a Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 2gb OC, and even though I chose the Nvidia web drivers (same on MultiBeast), and fixed the version of the correct drivers with the script that is around this forum, I still have some lag and my benchmarks are not as good as yours.

How can I speed up my Mac? I completely believe it could be a little faster and not have lag like.. switching tabs on Chrome!

Thanks!

PS: I have this monitor https://www.benq.com/en-us/monitor/stylish/gw2765ht/specifications.html

View attachment 321951

Thanks for sharing the EFI Folder! Question. (I'm new to this.) How did you do a hack without UniBeast or MultiBeast?

I am running 2 M.2 SSD. One for Windows 10, and one for macOS. Not hacked, yet, but I'm working on it.

Thanks for the info!

hi all

here is a link to my EFI folder. SMBIOS has been changed (serial number) and no UUID.

Dual Boot with Win10 on a SSD.
macOS is on un NVMe 960 evo

Remember that i did my hackintosh without UniBeast/MultiBeast. (clean install from scratch) Hope it will help.

Hi

Not so hard, but I'm using a method from a great French forum (thanx MacBidouille forum!!!). Just creating a USB key for the installation with a command line in terminal. Installing Clover on it with specific options. Boot with it and Install clover on your hard drive with the same options.

You need to now the kexts you have to put in your EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other folder. Frankly with my EFI folder you can do it but if it's your first hackintosh not sure it's a good idea.

For your build take care how your Windows is installed. Not sure, but I think that it has to be installed in UEFI mode. You can make an installation USB key with Rufus for that.

Hey! Great guide.

Thanks!

View attachment 321951
Without OC your is a pretty good score. The 8700K @ 3.7 GHz is around 6000 SC and 26000 MC.

BoomR:

I too have Samsung NVMe drives, and I don't know if you have noticed yet, they can run hot...

But the Mac implementation of hwmonitor does not support temps, at least from what I've found. But I did find a couple of other solutions, and if you want to know about them, let me know. One is paid and one is free. Also, I am using a couple of heatsinks that seem to help too. Let me know if you want more detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back