Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now applied this new configuration and LEDs are now **OFF** during shutdown!! Once again, thanks for the great troubleshooting @LeleTuratti and @yellocab !!!

I will go in later this morning & update my build instructions to reflect these modifications....stay tuned!!
:headbang:

Hi,
LED problem. I appreciate it.
I set it up. But start it again.
Is it because the motherboard is Z370 AORUS GAMING 7?
I will attach config.plist. Is there a problem?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 273
Do you have the latest version of the bios?
You have made these changes in the bios settings:
- Peripherals > LEDs in sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States: OFF
- Power > ErP: Enabled

I am using the last version BIOS.
The BIOS settings are the same.

I am using the last version BIOS.
The BIOS settings are the same.
Did you flash the UEFI to the latest version yourself? If so, I would recommend getting a different USB key, formatting FAT32, re-download the flash file, and try again.
Once you do that, first thing is to go to the last menu & "Load Optimized Defaults" and then re-do your BIOS setup.

There shouldn't be an issue with your Gaming 7 (vs. Gaming 5 vs. UG, etc) - they are all generally very similar in nature, and this fix should be working per instructions in post #111.

BTW if it's helpful, I've also updated my build instructions to account for this issue & the necessary settings. You can also re-read and follow the revised instructions, too.

Just now applied this new configuration and LEDs are now **OFF** during shutdown!! Once again, thanks for the great troubleshooting @LeleTuratti and @yellocab !!!

I will go in later this morning & update my build instructions to reflect these modifications....stay tuned!!
:headbang:

I'm happy that it worked!
Unfortunately yesterday I made a clean installation on a new SSD and now for some reason sleep/wake no longer works... Wake immediately after sleep! :banghead:

I bring other (almost) good news. After several tests on Thunderbolt ports, me and a friend, we managed to get positive results!
I explained everything in this thread, hoping it could help to make a change!

Did you flash the UEFI to the latest version yourself? If so, I would recommend getting a different USB key, formatting FAT32, re-download the flash file, and try again.
Once you do that, first thing is to go to the last menu & "Load Optimized Defaults" and then re-do your BIOS setup.

There shouldn't be an issue with your Gaming 7 (vs. Gaming 5 vs. UG, etc) - they are all generally very similar in nature, and this fix should be working per instructions in post #111.

BTW if it's helpful, I've also updated my build instructions to account for this issue & the necessary settings. You can also re-read and follow the revised instructions, too.

I tried again as you said.
However, I woke up after shutting down.
(The shutdown completely turns off the LED.)
Again, I will try it when newly rebuilding.
Thank you.

Hi, i purchased and followed the guide , the installation went well, but the problem i can only boot in safe mode, if i try without it, it just reboots to black screen, can anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_5197.PNG
    IMG_5197.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5198.PNG
    IMG_5198.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 142
Solved, I guess the original UniBeast was causing the problem, changed EFI of the UniBeast and logged in. i installed it HFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back