Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, no... I'm no guru when it comes to getting Audio working. I simply followed MacMan's instructions as I've already mentioned, and it worked just fine. You might also want to check out what Stork did on his Z370 build. I think his steps to get audio working were *slightly* different than what I did.

I finally got it working, I did the 13.3.3 Supplemental Update and followed your instructions again and it worked. Thank you.

Hey BoomR, what BIOS version is your Ultra Gaming running? mine came with F6 but F7h is the most recent. I got all my gear in so start building, I'll let you guys know how it goes.
That's exactly the way m board came. I neglected to include the flash update to F7h before I began. I'll go back & make a quick note to that effect. Thanks for the note!
--B

I don't! I'm just afraid it doesn't work because iMac don't have PCIe slots. On my current build, I run with a MacPro 4,1 system def. I'll see how it goes with the new build. And let you know of course!
Again, I'm no guru on this one, but remember: Thunderbolt is PCIe, and the Alpine Ridge card uses the PCIe slot that is furthest away from the CPU. And *that* is working just fine using the iMac18,3 definition.

RE: TB Audio Interface: I run ProTools | HD (with an HD Native PCIe card) in a different machine, and don't have a TB interface to test. I have a TB2 PCIe chassis & if time permits, I could maybe test that. But not sure how valid a test it would be, as I think your inquiry is more about a true TB interface (like the UA ones).

is the new build you just did capable of running 2 HD Native PCIe cards?
I have no reason to doubt this... theoretically you should be able to run system with all PCIe slots populated PROVIDED that there are on other devices sharing a resource with one of the PCIe slots.

I finally got it working, I did the 13.3.3 Supplemental Update and followed your instructions again and it worked. Thank you.

Did you remove anything before re-doing the audio patch? My audio worked after installing, but after upgrading to 13.3.3 it stopped working and re-applying the patch didn't work.

May I ask how long OSX takes to boot from the Clover menu? I have almost identical system and HS takes about 1 minute to boot. Windows 10, on the other hand, boots to desktop in around 5 seconds. I was really hoping OSX would boot much quicker with NVME, but it seems no faster than SSD. My disk read comes in at 2,800MB/s, so makes no sense!

Thanks

Ron

May I ask how long OSX takes to boot from the Clover menu? I have almost identical system and HS takes about 1 minute to boot. Windows 10, on the other hand, boots to desktop in around 5 seconds. I was really hoping OSX would boot much quicker with NVME, but it seems no faster than SSD. My disk read comes in at 2,800MB/s, so makes no sense!

Thanks

Ron
1 minute is not even ssd speed ? More like usb stick speed , u sure you are not booting from USB stick or something ?

Did you remove anything before re-doing the audio patch? My audio worked after installing, but after upgrading to 13.3.3 it stopped working and re-applying the patch didn't work.

No I didn't delete anything. Prior to the update the patch didn't work, I updated to 13.3.3 applied the patch again according to BoomR instructions and everything worked. I guess by your posting I could assume it will break on update.

I'm glad to report that I've built the rig : i7 8700K - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB SAMSUNG 960EVO nvme SSD - ASUS GTX1050 Ti STRIX.
Installation of High Sierra (10.13.3) was smooth, system definition is iMac18,3
I've then installed the AVID HD Native PCIe card, installed the latest HD drivers from Avid and Pro Tools 2018.1 : everything works as expected!
I'm genuinely amazed by the performance of this build! Geekbench score is 27500ish for multicore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back