Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solved, I guess the original UniBeast was causing the problem, changed EFI of the UniBeast and logged in. i installed it HFS

What specifically did you change in EFI? I assume your talking about the USB installation drive EFI?

What specifically did you change in EFI? I assume your talking about the USB installation drive EFI?
Yeah, using the UniBeast USB installer, would just not boot. So, I found online a guide for this mobo which the EFI was available. I just copied it over the USB installer, and it booted, Really weird, I would still love to know why it wouldn't boot with the UniBeast installer.

Hi guys,

So, I followed BoomR's guide and got very similar Hardware. I encountered a few issues at the installation and post install.

1. UniBeast Install had me wait for a Server reply after clicking the Install Mac OS Button. Fixed that in the terminal of the booted Installation.

2. Black screen after the first installation. My system is very quite, and I heard that some fan noise changed right before the black screen. The fans of the GFX card reduced their rotational speed. I suspected that there is some issues with the graphic driver, so I googled and found that getting Lilu and whatevergreen.kext onto the UniBeast stick would help. And voila, I could finally boot into the OS.

3. Bluetooth Magic Keyboard issue. Sadly the IOGEAR GBU521W6 doesn't work in the BIOS or POST for HID commands, luckily for Clover Bootselection I can use a Logitech cordless mouse with a proprietary dongle

4. LEDs are on in Sleep/off status

5. No Audio over HDMI

Hope the hint with the kext is helping...

Can someone here which has it stable , can share his efi so I can check mine is similar or same . I seem to have random reboots.

Thanks

Hi guys,

So, I followed BoomR's guide and got very similar Hardware. I encountered a few issues at the installation and post install.

1. UniBeast Install had me wait for a Server reply after clicking the Install Mac OS Button. Fixed that in the terminal of the booted Installation.

2. Black screen after the first installation. My system is very quite, and I heard that some fan noise changed right before the black screen. The fans of the GFX card reduced their rotational speed. I suspected that there is some issues with the graphic driver, so I googled and found that getting Lilu and whatevergreen.kext onto the UniBeast stick would help. And voila, I could finally boot into the OS.

3. Bluetooth Magic Keyboard issue. Sadly the IOGEAR GBU521W6 doesn't work in the BIOS or POST for HID commands, luckily for Clover Bootselection I can use a Logitech cordless mouse with a proprietary dongle

4. LEDs are on in Sleep/off status

5. No Audio over HDMI

Hope the hint with the kext is helping...

had exactly same issues as yours, i thought the RX580 works straight OTB. also i used unibeast 8.1 to get through the installation. as couldnt get it to work with 8.2

i had with 8.2 " The recovery server could not be contacted" then i somehow managed to get through this, i had The path /System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged. moved to 8.1 and had none of that

I do not understand how you can have all these problems.
Try to download High Sierra again, and re-create your installation with UniBeast 8.2. Kext or changes are not necessary.
Reset the bios, then Load Optimized Defaults, save and exit, enter again, and use the settings of this thread.
Format your HD / SSD in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) [If your disk is formatted in APFS follow the guide below, before use Utility Disk], and before proceeding with the installation, connect to internet.

Step 1: Launch Terminal on a Mac with the disk you want to convert already attached and mounted.

Step 2: Execute the following command – diskutil list. The output of that command will list Apple_APFS as the GUID partition name. You need to make a note of the IDENTIFIER assigned to that partition. We will use “disk2s0” as an example

Step 3: Next, you need to run a command that will destroy that partition and all of its contents. Make sure you type carefully!

diskutil apfs deleteContainer /dev/disk2s0

Note: If the command returns an error, simply start again from Step 1, and the error would be less likely to return.

Step 4: Now run the following command again to make sure the partition is now listed as Apple_HFS.

diskutil list

Step 5: Now we just need to initialize the container for use with HFS+ by using the command:

diskutil eraseDisk JHFS+ Untitled /dev/disk2s0

When that is complete you will be left with an empty file system, converted to HFS+, with the disk named “Untitled”.

Once the installation is complete, use the MultiBeast 10.2 as explained in this thread.
For the LEDs enough that you read the previous posts, everything is explained carefully in this post.
For audio via HDMI use AppleALC.kext with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (if you use integrated graphics).
Everything works for me, now I have also solved the problem of sleep by setting the internal USB ports to 255.

You updated the BIOS, “(UPDATE) Pre-work: Update to latest UEFI/BIOS
My new motherboard UEFI/BIOS version was F6 out of the box. I checked the Gigabyte Web site & learned that there was an updated BIOS (F7h). I downloaded this & updated mobo before“. Did you download the update to a usb drive and then flash or were you able to do this in BIOS?

i downloaded it onto a usb stick, and used the bios to update it. took 2 min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back