Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just now applied this new configuration and LEDs are now **OFF** during shutdown!! Once again, thanks for the great troubleshooting @LeleTuratti and @yellocab !!!

I will go in later this morning & update my build instructions to reflect these modifications....stay tuned!!
:headbang:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Hi,
LED problem. I appreciate it.
I set it up. But start it again.
Is it because the motherboard is Z370 AORUS GAMING 7?
I will attach config.plist. Is there a problem?

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 227
Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do you have the latest version of the bios?
You have made these changes in the bios settings:
- Peripherals > LEDs in sleep, Hibernation, and Soft Off States: OFF
- Power > ErP: Enabled

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
I am using the last version BIOS.
The BIOS settings are the same.

BoomR

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am using the last version BIOS.
The BIOS settings are the same.
Did you flash the UEFI to the latest version yourself? If so, I would recommend getting a different USB key, formatting FAT32, re-download the flash file, and try again.
Once you do that, first thing is to go to the last menu & "Load Optimized Defaults" and then re-do your BIOS setup.

There shouldn't be an issue with your Gaming 7 (vs. Gaming 5 vs. UG, etc) - they are all generally very similar in nature, and this fix should be working per instructions in post #111.

BTW if it's helpful, I've also updated my build instructions to account for this issue & the necessary settings. You can also re-read and follow the revised instructions, too.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X299X Designare 10G
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just now applied this new configuration and LEDs are now **OFF** during shutdown!! Once again, thanks for the great troubleshooting @LeleTuratti and @yellocab !!!

I will go in later this morning & update my build instructions to reflect these modifications....stay tuned!!
:headbang:

I'm happy that it worked!
Unfortunately yesterday I made a clean installation on a new SSD and now for some reason sleep/wake no longer works... Wake immediately after sleep! :banghead:

I bring other (almost) good news. After several tests on Thunderbolt ports, me and a friend, we managed to get positive results!
I explained everything in this thread, hoping it could help to make a change!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Did you flash the UEFI to the latest version yourself? If so, I would recommend getting a different USB key, formatting FAT32, re-download the flash file, and try again.
Once you do that, first thing is to go to the last menu & "Load Optimized Defaults" and then re-do your BIOS setup.

There shouldn't be an issue with your Gaming 7 (vs. Gaming 5 vs. UG, etc) - they are all generally very similar in nature, and this fix should be working per instructions in post #111.

BTW if it's helpful, I've also updated my build instructions to account for this issue & the necessary settings. You can also re-read and follow the revised instructions, too.

I tried again as you said.
However, I woke up after shutting down.
(The shutdown completely turns off the LED.)
Again, I will try it when newly rebuilding.
Thank you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming z370
CPU
Intel Core i7 8770K
Graphics
Gigabyte RX580
Hi, i purchased and followed the guide , the installation went well, but the problem i can only boot in safe mode, if i try without it, it just reboots to black screen, can anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_5197.PNG
    IMG_5197.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_5198.PNG
    IMG_5198.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming z370
CPU
Intel Core i7 8770K
Graphics
Gigabyte RX580
Solved, I guess the original UniBeast was causing the problem, changed EFI of the UniBeast and logged in. i installed it HFS