Contribute
Register

BoomR's “Power UP” for 360/VR Production Build: GA-Z370 AORUS UG - i7 8700K - GA AORUS RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot to be said for getting some REALLY good thermal paste, and do your research on the best water cooling system you can afford... and if you're OC'ing, don't try & push it to the point of breaking when your everyday use for those kinds of apps....
Thanks mate.
Let me ask you something, adding another RX580 to my setup, do I need to make any adjustments to my sistem?
Would it improve my FCPX performance?

Mate, my CPU is overheating when using some programs, exporting stuff and forcing it.
Is there something that you would recommend me to do?
I've used AIO water coolers for many years on my builds, but probably won't again since I decided to give Noctua a try on my latest AMD Hack. 15 degrees Celsius cooler than the Wraith cooler AMD provides with the CPU, which itself is a definite step up from the normally bundled Intel coolers.

Anyone here with an successful OpenCore system of this build? Eager to switch to OC but not sure if I'm confident to do it without a guide. Thanks

Anyone here with an successful OpenCore system of this build? Eager to switch to OC but not sure if I'm confident to do it without a guide. Thanks
Without a guide?? There is a comprehensive guide on the Dortania website for all manner of different CPUs and chipsets.

I suggest you grab an unused hard drive and practice your install on that until a successful install and satisfaction with performance (including a successful USB map). I cut my Hackintosh teeth on the wonderful tools available here on TonyMac and have had mostly great success on a wide variety of hardware, but the OpenCore install, while more work initially, has been more trouble free after the install.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back