Graphics
560 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok, I'm making a unibeast boot usb for my Toshiba Satellite p750, I followed the guide (to a dot, I've re done it 3 times) http://geeknizer.com/install-osx-mountain-lion-on-pc-hackintosh-usb/ here and Everything is fine and dandy.. I checked my bios, everything was how it should be (AHCI or w/e its called) then booted of my USB.. The white screen with a status indicator comes up, is up for about 20 seconds, then the screen goes black and the USB stops flashing...

I'll upload pics tomorow of all my settings so you guys know how ive done it down to a dot (ill take screenshots of the usb format/unibeast) and pics of all the bios and what happens (white screen -> black screen)

Hopefully somone has had experience with the p750 and can help me avoid having to upload pics :)

I would now, but i have an exam in 4 hours.. NIGHT!!

If anyone is having simular issues goto here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
this version contained this which helped:
Optional Boot Arguments & Troubleshooting Tips
For some hardware, it may be more difficult to get to the installation screen. You may have to type extra boot arguments in the system at the boot screen you see above. You can hit arrow-down as well on the boot screen to access boot options. Here are a list of things you can try in order to troubleshoot booting to the installer. You will have to troubleshoot this part yourself according to your own hardware specs. We've provided a few tips below.

Black Screen, White Screen, Flickering Screen
It's your graphics or possibly your choice of graphics port. The DVI or the HDMI port are usually the most compatible for installation. Reboot and try another port or one of the following flags.

PCIRootUID=0
UniBeast has PCIRootUID=1 set by default for the most universal support for recommended builds. Set it manually to 0 by typing this command at the boot screen above. For example, use this setting on UEFI motherboards with NVIDIA cards.

GraphicsEnabler=No
You can install without graphics card injection. This can solve many issues, allowing you to access the installer screen. For example, use this setting on NVIDIA 6xx Cards.

-v
Verbose Mode- allowing you to see the loading of the OS instead of the Apple Boot Screen.

-x
Safe Mode- loads only basic drivers. Sometimes a cure-all to reach the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back