Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm looking at adding a Blu Ray player to my Hackintosh. The idea is to take my movies, convert to mkv, and put them on an external HDD and access them through my Xbox One. Are there any compatibility issues with BluRay and Hackintosh? I don't want an external drive, and was hoping for something inexpensive. Thanks!

The one in the buyer's guide works fine. You can use MakeMKV to rip them, and then encode them with handbrake if needed. I have about 200 movies I've digitized through this method. Handbrake will make a ~30gig .mkv file into a ~5gig .mp4 file. Handbrake does other formats as well.

The one in the buyer's guide works fine. You can use MakeMKV to rip them, and then encode them with handbrake if needed. I have about 200 movies I've digitized through this method. Handbrake will make a ~30gig .mkv file into a ~5gig .mp4 file. Handbrake does other formats as well.

MakeMKV is a little gem, assisted with handbrake to encode to MP4 works perfectly. Run the filename/movie through an app called Subler, add the metadata and your building a beautiful population of iTunes movies. A real treat for your movie search and viewing.

Handbrake I'm familiar with, but I used to use AnyDVD which is not OS X supported. Does MakeMKV keep up with the latest copy protection? I will definitely check it out!

I admit, I only glanced through the builds. My experience has been that a lot of hardware in those builds are hard to find, or priced much higher than the build. I will look through the builds and hopefully find something in the $60 range.

Run the filename/movie through an app called Subler, add the metadata and your building a beautiful population of iTunes movies.

Had an issue with Subler, perhaps there was too much of a curve and I didn't give it enough time, but I've been using iDentify (on the app store, think it's like 5 bucks) and it works great. Does tv, movies, songs, everything.

As for MakeMKV, it's never had an issue with any disc I've thrown at it. Whenever I saw something odd, someone on their forums has seen it and figured it out already. :)

That had it for free during beta, but I want to say it's like 50 bucks now. But it's one of those pieces of software I don't mind spending money on, it's excellent.

What about adding metadata to the MKV? Do you have a recommended app? I like the file format, and it is compatible with my xbox one which is much quieter than my Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back