Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GF62 8RC
CPU
i5-8300H
Graphics
UHD 630 + GTX 1050(m)
I've seen some other posts about this but I can't seem to fix it.

Injecting the EDID doesn't work because the colour depth byte was already set to 0x95.

I then downloaded a debug version of Lilu.kext and used the spoof_fix2 branch from https://github.com/RehabMan/WhateverGreen/tree/spoof_fix2 to compile a WhateverGreen.kext . For whatever reason, this kext results in a black screen at boot when reaching the second boot stage (the one where verbose text is replaced with the apple logo). Using a WhateverGreen.kext downloaded from https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/releases does not result in this issue (however blur banding is still present).

My config.plist was based off of https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_UHD630.plist
Attached is install_tools.sh’s output when ran using a vanilla WhateverGreen kext.

Thanks in advance to all those that help!

(Oh and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!)

Attachments

• debug_23597.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
I'm assuming that since I posted this just before Christmas it got buried under other's posts. Please forgive me for bumping this thread...

I realised I still had EDID being patched in the clover config. Nothing about the issue has changed but probably good to delete an unused setting.

Attachments

• debug_16908.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 85
I had this issue as well - there is a white "block" on the top left if in verbose boot, or a spinning wheel below the loading bar.
To fix this, ensure that your RtVariables>CSRActiveConfig is set to "Allow Unrestricted Filesystem Access" - either use Csrconfig 0x03 (to allow only FS access.. and untrusted kexts), or 0x67 to completely disable SIP.

Hope this helps! :D

have you seen, followed and used rehabman's config.plist for your system here in his guide -- https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

that is all i followed for my system and my hackintosh is working perfectly. good luck :)

That just for booting and installing, not post-boot. And I did use it.

I had this issue as well - there is a white "block" on the top left if in verbose boot, or a spinning wheel below the loading bar.
To fix this, ensure that your RtVariables>CSRActiveConfig is set to "Allow Unrestricted Filesystem Access" - either use Csrconfig 0x03 (to allow only FS access.. and untrusted kexts), or 0x67 to completely disable SIP.

Hope this helps! :D

Thanks for the idea but it was already set in the config.plist provided by RehabMan.

I've found that apparently the spoof fix needs backlight to be working. Following this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/) results in the same black screen. Interesting enough, the kext without the ACPI patch fixes enables "Night Shift" under display.

Attachments

• debug_10799.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
Using the spoof_fix3 WhateverGreen.kext, AppleBacklightFixup.kext + SSDT-PNLF.dsst I managed to get backlight control working. Unfortunately, I had to login without seeing the screen and wait ~2-3 minutes for the backlight to turn on. Even worse, the colour banding problem is still there. Using a vanilla WhateverGreen.kext and lilucpu=8 resulted in the backlight never turning on. It also turns out I accidentally renamed a folder on my desktop to "0afk;*-1+\5" when mashing the keyboard waiting for it to turn on lol.

If anyone wants to test anything or has a solution, feel free to ask me to test it. For now, I've reverted back to a vanilla whatevergreen and no SSDT-PNFL.

Using the spoof_fix3 WhateverGreen.kext, AppleBacklightFixup.kext + SSDT-PNLF.dsst I managed to get backlight control working. Unfortunately, I had to login without seeing the screen and wait ~2-3 minutes for the backlight to turn on. Even worse, the colour banding problem is still there. Using a vanilla WhateverGreen.kext and lilucpu=8 resulted in the backlight never turning on. It also turns out I accidentally renamed a folder on my desktop to "0afk;*-1+\5" when mashing the keyboard waiting for it to turn on lol.

If anyone wants to test anything or has a solution, feel free to ask me to test it. For now, I've reverted back to a vanilla whatevergreen and no SSDT-PNFL.

Hi, did you ever find a fix?

You may try SSDT-PNLFCFL instead of SSDT-PNLF which can be found in rehabman's hotpatch folder. Upgrade WhateverGreen.kext to latest version and remove AppleBacklightFixup.kext which is included in WhateverGreen.kex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back