Graphics
Gigabyte Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Bluetooth {Solved}

Thanks to all who have made the install a simple process. I used the Probook Installer 5b8

Bluetooth not working.
I have the supported Atheros.

Running Lion 10.7.0

Any suggestions would be well appreciated.

Interestingly, the installer doesn't seem to be setting the boot brightness.

Everything else is fine except for choppy trackpad when set to high speed.

HP 4530s
LH282EA#ABU
2.3 2410m
4gb RAM
Radeon Graphics

I've upgraded the bios to v. 20.

Still no joy with the bluetooth.

Any suggestions? Would be well appreciated.

Many thanks.

Upgraded to 10.7.3 and Bluetooth now works.

Hooray!

I had the same problem, the Atheros WiFi/BT module wouldnt work on 10.7.0, but the bluetooth started working after upgrading to 10.7.4.

The Wifi still doesnt work though - are you using any additional kexts or just the ProBook installer?

The WIFI works fine when I'm sitting in front of the router. But further away it goes from full power, to nothing, to searching for IP.

I used the ProBook Installer, but experimented with this Kext from Mac4mat (which I think is included in the ProBook installer anyway!)

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/download/file.php?id=26413

WIFI's alot more important than Bluetooth eh?!

On boot, does it ask for a keyboard or mouse?

On booting (before the OS loads) I dont get any warnings about keyboard/mouse. Just the error screen about the WiFi module not being supported.

As soon as Lion loads, I used to get a notification saying no keyboard found, please set up Bluetooth keyboard. I turned that off in System Preferences>Bluetooth>Advanced so I dont see it anymore.

What's the exact Atheros model you've got. I have read about some Atheros chips not working.

Try booting into windows, that seems to have helped alot of people. If windows is a problem, try a UBUNTU boot from USB etc.

What colour is your wifi button and what effect does it have when you press it?

Lastly, did you go into system preferences/network and add network?

I am using Atheros AR5B195 with the AR9285 chip [HP part number 593127-001].

I actually did boot into Windows 7 the first time, and I got the same BIOS error, and it wouldn't even detect the Wifi Card. I tried BIOS versions F.0, F.20 and F.23. I havent tried F.27 yet - not sure if that will make a difference.

After that first time, I formatted and installed OSX. The light actually stays white the whole time, pressing it does nothing. I already tried adding a new network in Sys Prefs > Networking - but it only detects the Ethernet/LAN connector - not the wireless.

My gut feeling is that you have a faulty card. Especially as it doesn't work in windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back