Contribute
Register

bluetooth working in lion 10 7 3 {extreme :-}

Status
Not open for further replies.
nikstar said:
This will not work. 5V voltage regulators can output a clean and steady 5v power, from voltage more than 5v. They cannot increase the output.
He must find as you said some other source for the 5v.

I have to disagree with you, since an USB ExpressCard 34 adapter that I have would provide 5V (from the 3.3V provided for the EC slot) without issues. I can upload pictures of it to see what he used.

which Apple Macbook Pro 3.3V module was the right one? can't find old posts about this.

timohour said:
nikstar said:
This will not work. 5V voltage regulators can output a clean and steady 5v power, from voltage more than 5v. They cannot increase the output.
He must find as you said some other source for the 5v.

I have to disagree with you, since an USB ExpressCard 34 adapter that I have would provide 5V (from the 3.3V provided for the EC slot) without issues. I can upload pictures of it to see what he used.

It must have a build in inverter for increasing the voltage and there are boards that can do this but not a single voltage regulator.
I understood that you are talking for something like this
scaled.php

when you were talking about voltage regulators.

The point is these inverter boards are not so small as a voltage regulator device and they need some room.

timohour said:
pin 52 & 2 are 3.3V power

pin 50 & 4 are GND (=Ground)

pin 38 is USB D+ and USB 36 is USB D-

That's enough if you are going to connect a USB based module with 3.3V power input. For USB based BT modules with 5V power input your going to need a 3.3V-->5V regulator or find a 5V somewhere on your system board and use GND from the mini pci-e.

Good luck. :D

thx, for the input.
I got all the parts for a internal BT based on Macbook A1181 Bluetooth module and Atheros WiFi/BT just need to find some time to do it.

just installed my internal Macbook Bluetooth module, it was not easy.
Soldering is not a option, i did try but too small parts on the PCIe connector they I just placed the wire between the connector and the PCIe card and the wire is simply "squeezed" between.
First test with +3.3V on pin 52 did not work, WiFi doped after try to connect to iPhone same with pin 24. What works is +3.3V on pin 2, no WiFi drop but if I transfer a file over BT to a Mac and at the same time from a NAS over WiFi to local drive I got about 1MB/s but if I stop BT transfer got 5MB/s.
Original BT antenna works with the Macbook module.

You have also disale the BT on the WiFi card, read the detail on page 3. The pins you have to insulate are pins 36 & 38. Add some sellotape on those pins and it will be like you removed your BT chip.

Edit: when I paired Apple Track pad I lost WiFi connection but just after was paired WiFI was working again, also no WiFi drop or lower MB/s when using Track pad.
BT works after wake.

Attachments

• BT1.jpg
    BT1.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 232
  • BT2.jpg
    BT2.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 241
This is what I am planing to do. :D

Why you said soldering is not an option?
I think the way you install the wires can cause problems at stability etc.

I have an BT card and when I found some time I will do it. :D

Also I cannot see a wire for ground. Did you ground it?

It is critical, a bad ground can cause strange problems.

nikstar said:

well soldering maybe on the PCB, I tried solder to the flexible connector pin but its bad idea.
I don't have the patience anymore for soldering tiny things :)

The squeezed wire between connector and the card is stable enough but I may have to re do it.

GND is on 18, the picture is bad.

I thing my method is the safest one, better will be get a new PCIe connector remove the spring connector, solder the wire to it and then stick it between WiFi card PCB and the connector pin. This way you have flat connection surface.

How would you attached the wire?

Guys, threads like this make me love this forum...

i'll be doing this mod to my 4730s

xequtor said:
nikstar said:

well soldering maybe on the PCB, I tried solder to the flexible connector pin but its bad idea.
I don't have the patience anymore for soldering tiny things :)

The squeezed wire between connector and the card is stable enough but I may have to re do it.

GND is on 18, the picture is bad.

I thing my method is the safest one, better will be get a new PCIe connector remove the spring connector, solder the wire to it and then stick it between WiFi card PCB and the connector pin. This way you have flat connection surface.

How would you attached the wire?

I am going to solder it at the card. Soldering it at the connector is a bad idea.
I have a "third hand" device with a magnifier glass and it will be a lot of easier, I think :D

Wait, so where are you all putting this? And what happened to the other bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back